Kendal Calling 2010

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I've heard some cracking rumours - Stanton Warriors (as main stage headliners), Queen (!!) and S-Club 7 (words can't describe..).

Sadly, or actually thankfully, there's no truth to those rumours!

We're working on announcing the lineup as soon as it's all come together, I assure you we aren't hoarding it for ourselves :P We were lucky last year with having The Streets confirm so early but that doesn't happen every year - that was down to personal connections. Generally, on average, it's the first week or so of April - I have a feeling it may be earlier this year, but as it's in a way out of my hands I don't want to make any promises I can't keep.

Rest assured it will be great!

also, im kinda interested - with the 2000 capacity increase, is there going to be a larger traffic tent/more things to do 11-3, cause last year I remember it was packed full at that time, same with the welfare tent..

nick cave is not playing , i heard it was grinderman.

Although cave with any band would be the best festival of the year .

Or even better cave and macgowan .

They should try and get john frusciante , now he has quit the chili peppers i am sure he will be free and cheap

Been messing around at the bigger festivals for years but last three years dabbled at Kendal Calling and can report that it is absolutely fandabidozy....Its what a festival should be like, chilled out, friendly and fun, each year it gets better, with a wider variation of music and comedy..So many nice touches last year like the cumbrian olympics, the snowzone and the inflatable church.

As for the people that have posted regarding bringing kids, yep do so, its better equipped for children than any other festival althoughtid suggest camping in the quieter areas if they are really young

As for the anticipation of the line-up.....chill out peeps, Im sure the KC team will deliver an ecleptic mix of entertainment for us.....I cant wait...

A note to the organisers.....keep up the good work, the new site last year was very good, we had the usual toilet debacle but im sure your well aware of that ...... oh and sort out security, waiting 4 hours to get through the gate took the preverbial....id nearly supped my beer rations in that queue...

Music/Entertainment 9/10

Vibe 10/10

Value for money 10/10

Location 9/10

Camping 8/10

Bogs 6/10

Stewarding 8/10

Kendal Calling Rocks

Edited by nickthecityfan

Well I was looking at headliners over the past few years, theyve all been british

I reckon Florence is in with a big chance, Jamie T, Horrors, Glasvegas, Hot Chip

Theyre all about the size of Streets/Zutons/Ash

Gomez would be nice too

Ill come up with others in a bit ahha...

List of possible headline bands:

Florence & The Machine

Jamie T

The Horrors

Glasvegas

Hot Chip

The Doves

The Editors

Gomez

The Charlatans

Last Shadow Puppets

Supergrass

Whatcha think?

The XX would be awesome, as would Slow Club or Johnny Flynn etc

Dance acts id like to see there..

Burial

F*ck Buttons

Gramophonedzie

Phonat

UNKLE

Moderat

Nero

Pinch

The Qemists

How hopeful am I

Hahaha

I know pretty much none of these will be booked, but for anyone reading this If you don't know those acts I suggested for the Traffic tent you need to check them out.

The rumours of Dj Yoda, Dub Pistols, and Sub Focus have got me excited :P

Edited by rbranigan

Florence & The Machine

Jamie T

The Horrors

Glasvegas

Hot Chip

The Doves

The Editors

Gomez

The Charlatans

Last Shadow Puppets

Supergrass

Reckon Doves and Charlatans are a good shouts...Editors, Supergrass, Jamie T & Glasvegas as well. Teenage Fanclub or The Coral maybe?? No chance for last Shadow Puppets I reckon. Like to see Roots Manuva there as well.

Is it just me who doesn't get the appeal of Florence???

Florence & The Machine

Jamie T

The Horrors

Glasvegas

Hot Chip

The Doves

The Editors

Gomez

The Charlatans

Last Shadow Puppets

Supergrass

Reckon Doves and Charlatans are a good shouts...Editors, Supergrass, Jamie T & Glasvegas as well. Teenage Fanclub or The Coral maybe?? No chance for last Shadow Puppets I reckon. Like to see Roots Manuva there as well.

Is it just me who doesn't get the appeal of Florence???

Been messing around at the bigger festivals for years but last three years dabbled at Kendal Calling and can report that it is absolutely fandabidozy....Its what a festival should be like, chilled out, friendly and fun, each year it gets better, with a wider variation of music and comedy..So many nice touches last year like the cumbrian olympics, the snowzone and the inflatable church.

As for the people that have posted regarding bringing kids, yep do so, its better equipped for children than any other festival althoughtid suggest camping in the quieter areas if they are really young

As for the anticipation of the line-up.....chill out peeps, Im sure the KC team will deliver an ecleptic mix of entertainment for us.....I cant wait...

A note to the organisers.....keep up the good work, the new site last year was very good, we had the usual toilet debacle but im sure your well aware of that ...... oh and sort out security, waiting 4 hours to get through the gate took the preverbial....id nearly supped my beer rations in that queue...

Music/Entertainment 9/10

Vibe 10/10

Value for money 10/10

Location 9/10

Camping 8/10

Bogs 6/10

Stewarding 8/10

Kendal Calling Rocks

FlamingLippy, I went to leeds last year with my mates as well as kendal, apart from it seriously being a nicer festival, which you'd expect, its so chilled out and the variety of music suits everyone (except there isnt really any heavy music at KC, but that doesnt bother me) I just generally enjoyed Kendal better.. it was great :P Everyone I met was really friendly and just there to have a good time. It will probably be some of the best £85 they spend

Also, food/supplies there arent overpriced

I remember a pie stall last year where the pies were about £4, but buy one get one free, and they were DELICIOUS - if its there again, i seriously suggest getting one haha..

Just saw Florence announced for Latitude as headliner, perhaps that means no KC since Latitude is alot bigger.. what good news :P haha

[edit]

Nick, same about the queue, but it was good fun - I even met a group of people in the queue who we camped next to and made friends with over the weekend, we're all goin back and meeting up again.

Edited by rbranigan

the Super Furrys, BSP & Dizzee year...can't believe I didn't make it there...gutted...