Kendal Calling 2010

Guest SharonStoned

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...I won tickets last year but as it was last miute couldn't get the time off and the line-up was great so if the bands are half as good this year I'm there! (booked the time off already!)

Ideally hoping for the likes of Flaming Lips, Super Furrys, Nick Cave, Public Enemy, Boy Least Likely To etc

Happy new year all! :P

I didn't expect the forums to be so active for this time of year otherwise I'd have replied sooner. That doesn't mean we've been shirking these past weeks - this winter has seen us busier than ever before, which I think will become apparent in due course!

So where are we? Well - we'll be returning to our home at Lowther Deer Park for the last weekend in July. Over the winter we've been working on some great new themed areas for the festival - which has also seen us inviting some friends along from Glasto. Talking of areas, we've more than doubled the size of the campsite by expanding into the large field next door - which is nice. However, talking of expansion, I think it's okay for me to say that we're hoping to be able to officially announce shortly that we're expanding the Fridays entertainment & music to all day, not just the evening!

Actually I'd better keep it at that for now as all of this and more will be announced when our new website launches (ETA - rather soon).

Before I go though, I'll let you know that tickets will also go on sale roughly alongside the new website - both early-birds (at last years price of £70) and then general admission. Last year we sold out of all 500 of the early bird tickets in just one morning.. so whilst the second mouse gets the cheese, the early bird still catches the worm.

Keep tabs on eFestivals (or sign up to the mailing list on our website) and we'll give you plenty of notice.

Hopefully this will be your year Flaminglippy, and it'll be good to welcome you back Sharon!

Edited by naarjtie

Had a year off festivals last year as went to V the year before and was put off.

Went to V for about 5 years running stating 1999 then tried out T and Leeds then went back in 08 and found it had grown beyond its boundaries and was far to crowded and lacked the facilities to justify its growth in size.

I think a lot of the main festivals have become like this as there is a lot of money in festivals and the incentive is to rack and stack em for as little money per head as possible.

This year I’m planning a smaller more chilled affair and Kendal Calling seems right up my street, are my assumptions correct in that this isn’t crowded and doesn’t have the trendy/chav element that the mainstream festivals have?

I went with a group of mates last year and we had a great time. That was our 3rd year as it's just up the road for us and it was definitely the best. The new site is perfect for the festival and laid out in such a way that we kept discovering new things, although it would be nice if they expanded into the woods like Lattitude.

I don't remember much mud last year except in front of the main stage and on the main path into the arena.

Gareth it depends where you go, the Kaylied / folky area with the real ale bar had some great music and was really chilled and friendly, but the dance tent was more for the trendy kids. They had 3 stages in the folky area though and all running til 3am :P

Happy new year all! :P

I didn't expect the forums to be so active for this time of year otherwise I'd have replied sooner. That doesn't mean we've been shirking these past weeks - this winter has seen us busier than ever before, which I think will become apparent in due course!

So where are we? Well - we'll be returning to our home at Lowther Deer Park for the last weekend in July. Over the winter we've been working on some great new themed areas for the festival - which has also seen us inviting some friends along from Glasto. Talking of areas, we've more than doubled the size of the campsite by expanding into the large field next door - which is nice. However, talking of expansion, I think it's okay for me to say that we're hoping to be able to officially announce shortly that we're expanding the Fridays entertainment & music to all day, not just the evening!

Actually I'd better keep it at that for now as all of this and more will be announced when our new website launches (ETA - rather soon).

Before I go though, I'll let you know that tickets will also go on sale roughly alongside the new website - both early-birds (at last years price of £70) and then general admission. Last year we sold out of all 500 of the early bird tickets in just one morning.. so whilst the second mouse gets the cheese, the early bird still catches the worm.

Keep tabs on eFestivals (or sign up to the mailing list on our website) and we'll give you plenty of notice.

Hopefully this will be your year Flaminglippy, and it'll be good to welcome you back Sharon!

I seriously cannot wait for the lineup to be announced.. is there any date or anything? Im sure it was WAY earlier last year! Hopefully there will be the same mix of average rock/great folk with an amazing dance tent..

ps. please tell me that the welfare tent is gonna be the same as last year? woody was a legend, and that place actually made the festival for me and my mates haha

Hey all, just to let you know we've made an early bird tickets announcement on our just-this-minute launched website at www.kendalcalling.com. We've also got a collection of videos, photos and even a radio show from Manchesters Clint Boon featuring the best performances of '09!

rbranigan - we didn't make any announcements until the end of February last year, so we're actually ahead of schedule - let's hope it kepes that way :P And the Welfairiess are absolutely going to be there! In fact we'll get something about that on our website..

Something is seriously amiss here.

Early bird tickets didn't even go on sale, then status changed from 'please try later' to 'sold out' in under a minute. No queue, no waiting times or website busy notice so hardly a mass of people trying to buy

:P

Edited by rbranigan

Thats what i've heard from all my friends, i myself woke up 5mins too late anyway (expecting id have at least 15minutes)

according to some on the facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kenda...74503760?v=wall they went on sale before 9

also, i at least expected headliners to be announced, i think im going to wait now till i buy the full priced ticket