PJ Harvey

Guest ghandi

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

way too soon for her to return to Glasto ... 1995, 2004 ... so 2013 surely.

At least I have April 20th to look forward to.

after 2 daylight appearances on the pyramid, i think next time she'll be in the dark, headlining the Park or John Peel, which worries me that she'll get placed against U2 if she makes it this year.

great review of the new record in The Guardian, by the way

well it is a cracking album so i'm glad its getting good reviews.

Its never to soon to get her back!! Well i won't mind if she does a tour that includes something like B'ham, notts or leicester or plays Latitude cos will prob be going there aswell.

The new album is being streamed on NPR if anyone wants a listen

pretty sure the last UK festival she played was camp bestival 09 (i was there) and her demands were literally for every other stage on the entire site to be practically silent whist she was playing......great talent but i think unlikely for glasto. if she did it'd have to be park stage headliner, and yeah she wouldnt get a big crowd.

Edited by 123ginge

quote name='Memory Man' timestamp='1290518223' post='3457296']

pretty sure the last UK festival she played was camp bestival 09 (i was there) and her demands were literally for every other stage on the entire site to be practically silent whist she was playing......

great talent but i think unlikely for glasto. if she did it'd have to be park stage headliner, and yeah she wouldnt get a big crowd.

Edited by LEDZEP66

Why do you think she wouldn't get a big crowd? She has been around for a long time so would have built up a pretty big fan base and by the reviews I have read of her new album will probably get a lot more. She would probably be the biggest act to headline the park stage.

She's playing Roskilde now which perhaps makes this a little more likely. Haven't read so many rave reviews for a new album in a long time, think she'd draw a big crowd. Good choice for a surprise slot, I'm thinking these are going to be a tad busy this year though following Thom/Jonny's appearance.

I am loving what i here so far, what sets her apart is being different to most thats out there, she hasn't completely changed from the beginning yet she changes it up from album to album, if that makes sense :D .An appearence at the Park would be great although please not a suprise slot, i want to actually plan on seeing her not hoping and thus missing the gig like Thom and Johnny last year!I would love it if she headlined on Saturday at the Park.

I actually think that she will make an appearance, After all her new album and the anti war lyrics behind it fit in really well with the festivals history in this regard and would really be a highlight that ME and EE would be foolish not to exploit IMO.

I actually think that she will make an appearance, After all her new album and the anti war lyrics behind it fit in really well with the festivals history in this regard and would really be a highlight that ME and EE would be foolish not to exploit IMO.

Only just got round to getting hold of the new album last night. It is absolutely sublime from my first couple of listens. I have a feeling this could become my favourite album from her in ages.

She was pretty close to the top on the pyramid last time she was there (2004) wasnt she? 3rd top before oasis and someone I cant remember.

Great gig that. She is awesome.

However, I will side with Nick Cave over her any day. He is rather scathing in some of his songs towards her!

I reckon it's nailed on she'll be at glasto, and headlining the park wouldnt be a bad shout at all (on the sunday please)

Any mention of PJ Harvey always brings to mind that bit in the Blur Starshaped film where a drunken Graham Coxon says - there's nothing that complicated about PJ Harvey. She talks about wanting to be a man, she talks about her monthlies and she talks about some dress she can't fit in to and that's about it. Next scene: Coxon - I really like PJ Harvey.

I first heard/watched her on one of those late night BBC Three music shows, she was playing through White Chalk. Downloaded that album and played it to death. Have listened through Let England Shake once and I'm mightily impressed. It really would make the festival this year for me. I've scanned over the rumours list and haven't had the tingly excitement of previous years so this would be extremely welcome.

I think they will miss a trick if she is not there and not headlining a major stage like the JP or Park. She is a local lass, West country, is in vogue again re acclaimed new album which fits the anti war ethic and the festival peace message , won lifetime award at the NME awards and is touring with a months gap in the schedule...... it seems an impossibility that she wouldn't play..... wouldn't it?

• 4 weeks later...