Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

• 4 weeks later...

Been hyped for the Big G today, working from home, had Festivals Britannia and Glastonbury After Hours documentaries on in the background, the forecast for the weekend is sunny and we're 69 days away. Gonna start randomly posting the odd pic of mine on here. Here's a panoramic one of Sampha on the Park from the top of the ribbon tower in 2017...

Park.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Been hyped for the Big G today, working from home, had Festivals Britannia and Glastonbury After Hours documentaries on in the background, the forecast for the weekend is sunny and we're 69 days away. Gonna start randomly posting the odd pic of mine on here. Here's a panoramic one of Sampha on the Park from the top of the ribbon tower in 2017...

Park.jpg

19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Park.jpg

Great photo, so good it had be showed twice......

Edited by chuckles07
Double quote

4 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Took this after I climbed to the hill on weds morning in 2017. What a scorcher that day was!

IMG_0787.JPG

So hot, temperature reached the 30s in and around the food courts. Fire engine out hosing people down near West Holts. Great to run into a fellow Picnicer on these boards, howrya! :D

5 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Took this after I climbed to the hill on weds morning in 2017. What a scorcher that day was!

IMG_0787.JPG

Tricketts Bar, with the most orderly bar queues on site. For a speedy beverage, always queue from the left hand side (ie away from the sign!)

13 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

IMG_0787.JPG

upvote for climbing the hill :) think we found a patch of shade behind one of the bushes in the pyramid field and didn't move very much for several hours :) 

34 minutes ago, rubick said:

So hot, temperature reached the 30s in and around the food courts. Fire engine out hosing people down near West Holts. Great to run into a fellow Picnicer on these boards, howrya! :D

Ah welcome! I think theres a few of us here but im not sure what the usernames are

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rubick said:

What a scorcher it was (I'm sure I'm somewhere down there dying of heat exhaustion!)
Welcome aboard chief! ??

Edited by LostHorizon
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 8:05 PM, Cheesey said:

Looks consistent with this aerial pic from 2002:

Glasto2002-pb030401.jpg

Love this thread!

Anyone have any other aerial shots like this, where you can see distinctive outlines of areas? Looking at this, next to the map is a great way to spend 30 mins, procrastinating at work.  

I've been posting a weekly photo on my Instagram page every Wednesday and this was this week's. I really enjoyed LCD Soundsystem in 2016 surrounded by around a dozen or so people who'd met via Twitter some years before and soon became close friends. I only get the opportunity to see most of them once a year and dancing in the mud together while "All My Friends" blared out was the perfect and most poignant way to see out the festival and say goodbye for another twelve months.

20190501_135533.jpg