Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

My ex and me 2017; a lovely girl wandered past and said 'you two look so photogenic, can i take some pics of you?' She took my phone and snapped away at us for a good few minutes.

Thank you random photographer girl, we may have split up now but this pic still brings back incredible memories for me of my first (and definitely not my last) Glasto! 

19441716_10154529846845825_3381294232371585356_o.jpg

Edited by Rura301268
text
  • Upvote 3

On 10/17/2018 at 2:23 PM, kalifire said:

It was 2015. Dude came zooming into view at the culmination of Mavis Staples’ set on The Park stage. People were appreciative of Mavis but I think she believed the extra cheer was hers as well. Actually the crowd were egging on the guy in the air who appeared over the top of the stage at just the right time.

I was up there for that set, remember the dude flying in. Cap duly doffed!

• Upvote 1

Taken on Park Hill on the Wednesday evening 2015. Admittedly an Instagram filter was applied which has amplified the sunset somewhat, but it still remains one of my favourite images I've taken at the festival. Still haven't got round to putting it on a canvass to put on display yet bit am determined to get round to it eventually! 

FB_IMG_1543108941153.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 9:17 PM, Rura301268 said:

My ex and me 2017; a lovely girl wandered past and said 'you two look so photogenic, can i take some pics of you?' She took my phone and snapped away at us for a good few minutes.

Thank you random photographer girl, we may have split up now but this pic still brings back incredible memories for me of my first (and definitely not my last) Glasto! 

19441716_10154529846845825_3381294232371585356_o.jpg

LOVE this ?

Couldn't think of the right place to share this but I think the image thread will appreciate this excellent piece of archived Guardian journalism with some lovely photos.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/dec/20/glastonbury-the-hippies-vale-of-avalon-archive-1969

"The frosts and fogs have come to Avalon. The deep, brooding mysteries still cling to the vale, even more so in the present melds of haze and wintry sunbeams, but the 1969 Children’s Crusades to Glastonbury in search of the town’s strange enchantments have finally ended, defeated by the cold."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My two favourites. The first is this one with the legendary Rob Da Bank of Bestival. We bumped into him in 2017 while watching Katy Perry at the Pyramid (Don't judge). It was his birthday, my mate challenged him to an arm wrestle on the floor - which he gladly took on - and then hooked us all up with free Bestival tickets for later that year. He's a bit of a hero for our group of mates, so we were all over the moon.

image.thumb.png.31f0ede9fdf07bb67a836d209934f218.png

The second photo is with Loyle Carner who'd earlier that day performed at the John Peel stage. Me and a mate were waiting for Stormzy to start and two guys walked in front of us - one wearing a plastic Darth Maul mask. My mate SOMEHOW recognises that it's Loyle Carner purely from the back of his head, shouts his name, and Loyle turns round and whips the mask off in complete disbelief that he'd been spotted. He saw the funny side though and was happy to have a picture with us before slipping the mask back on and continuing on through the crowd.

image.thumb.png.f47950a7b290b6aa75daa17b564b7337.png

They may not be the most visually exciting photos for somebody who isn't arsed about meeting either of these people, but they were great moments for us! Also besides me it was the first time at Glastonbury for all of my mates, so this just added to the magic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, jackmerton said:

My two favourites. The first is this one with the legendary Rob Da Bank of Bestival. We bumped into him in 2017 while watching Katy Perry at the Pyramid (Don't judge). It was his birthday, my mate challenged him to an arm wrestle on the floor - which he gladly took on - and then hooked us all up with free Bestival tickets for later that year. He's a bit of a hero for our group of mates, so we were all over the moon.

image.thumb.png.31f0ede9fdf07bb67a836d209934f218.png

The second photo is with Loyle Carner who'd earlier that day performed at the John Peel stage. Me and a mate were waiting for Stormzy to start and two guys walked in front of us - one wearing a plastic Darth Maul mask. My mate SOMEHOW recognises that it's Loyle Carner purely from the back of his head, shouts his name, and Loyle turns round and whips the mask off in complete disbelief that he'd been spotted. He saw the funny side though and was happy to have a picture with us before slipping the mask back on and continuing on through the crowd.

image.thumb.png.f47950a7b290b6aa75daa17b564b7337.png

They may not be the most visually exciting photos for somebody who isn't arsed about meeting either of these people, but they were great moments for us! Also besides me it was the first time at Glastonbury for all of my mates, so this just added to the magic.

Love that and great photo's! 

Rob Da Bank is seemingly getting himself involved with the G in some capacity this year, so a reunion is on!

And kudos to your mate for the spot. I'm sure they enjoyed their Glasto debut!