Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

On 09/01/2018 at 9:35 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

This is one I took this year. Biffy were on stage at the time and I remember I kept trying to catch the Scotland flag at just the right time as it was blowing about in the wind. 

4D0F7798-4E7C-4850-AB10-C31D929ADA65.jpeg

Reckon im in this photo. I was laying in front of the Glasto sign during their set, top left. :lol:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

No worries semmtexx. Glad you agree on the dinosaur thing. 

Not specifically related to dinosaurs, but I've always wanted to go fossil hunting on the south coast. You'd think that I'd have grown out of a childish dream, but I refuse to give up on it ever happening. 

As another aside, my wife's parents split up when she was about eight. On a trip with her dad to the south coast she found a large'ish fossil, which she gave to her dad as a present. Then when she was still young her dad died. She went around to her step mothers house and said that all she wanted from his estate was that fossil. The step mother then said something along the lines of 'Oh that. I threw that away'. So, I'd like to find a fossil, in order to give it to my wife, to replace her precious one that she gave to her dad. It wouldn't be the same thing, of course, but it would have the same purity to it.

All the best :)

Wow that must have been tough for a young child. Can understand why you want to find a replacement. Nice idea. Finding fossils as a kid was always great. 

We found a couple of amazing fossils/artefacts last year. One - a fossilised foot print - totally awesome. And another - some form of sharpened flint tool, like an are head. Also cool!

Good luck to you!

On 2/26/2018 at 11:25 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Wow - which part of the country did you find them?

Hey up. Was awol for a few weeks! Footprint was in Devon, on the coast at Exmouth. The flint was in a river in near Kings Lynn. Cool eh?!

:-)

On 3/7/2018 at 4:52 PM, semmtexx said:

Hey up. Was awol for a few weeks! Footprint was in Devon, on the coast at Exmouth. The flint was in a river in near Kings Lynn. Cool eh?!

:-)

Very cool. I was on the coast near Exmouth a couple of years ago, and had one day available when I could have gone fossil hunting. I took one look at the weather that morning and opted against the idea of fossil hunting. It was absolutely pissing it down with rain. We were staying in our campervan, and I just didn't want the hassle of returning from the hunt in sodden wet clothing etc. Mind you, it was a great holiday as the week before we had stayed here (see link below); There was a two year waiting list to rent the property!

https://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/search-and-book/properties/clavell-tower-6222

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

I got to the site real early on Wednesday of last year. I was the first of my group to arrive so I went for a wander in the baking heat. I took this pic while sheltering in a tent in the park I think it was.

3A7B3F06-984D-4DB2-BB48-58E56A57BD51.jpeg

Yep - Park bar. This is our first meeting point for the group as we all camp in various places out west.

I was also first here and this photo was my WhatsApp call out to the others. 

20170622_171633.jpg

A few from 2013 (I think)

27165050837_eace99a906_c.jpg

That happy moment, on site, trek completed weekend to look forward to. (That's not me, it's some old buffer who now masquerades as me in public)

42035164431_03ab49eca7_c.jpg

Dragon on the opening bonfire

42035113361_5f25efaccf_c.jpg

And I do enjoy a mooch round before everything gets started and here they are (I presume) testing the lighting rig on the Pyramid Stage

Fallow years are shit aren't they?