Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello eoneeye,

I just accessed this thread and saw your photos from July. Just wondering if that's a watch on your wrist, or a dive computer (specifically thinking Suunto)? 

Hi Yogs, just a watch I’m afraid, Casio G-Shock,   nothing more fancy than that. It is a goodun though as no batteries required, plus it tells the time :) 

Coincidently I nearly bought a watch this weekend but ended up getting some bose wireless headphones instead. Early Xmas pressie is the excuse for splashing out (and a you only live once spur of the moment moment). Bloody good though, noise cancelling etc, ideal for when I listen to music when mrs oneeye is watching Strictly; money well spent I reckon :)

6 hours ago, oneeye said:

Hi Yogs, just a watch I’m afraid, Casio G-Shock,   nothing more fancy than that. It is a goodun though as no batteries required, plus it tells the time :) 

Coincidently I nearly bought a watch this weekend but ended up getting some bose wireless headphones instead. Early Xmas pressie is the excuse for splashing out (and a you only live once spur of the moment moment). Bloody good though, noise cancelling etc, ideal for when I listen to music when mrs oneeye is watching Strictly; money well spent I reckon :)

Hello oneeye,

Thanks for the explanation. I just thought that from a distance it looked like a very snazy dive computer that I used to own. I sold it in hard times. However, that was the logical thing to do, given that I hadn't been diving in years, and am unlikely to for a fair few more. I used to go diving every year to the Egyptian coast of the Red Sea. I can't see myself going back to Egypt in a hurry. My first trip was quite a few years ago. I don't exactly recall my entrance in to the country, but was told that it was fairly disgraceful, by anybody's standards. I arrived drunk as a Lord, refused to pay for an entry visa or show them my passport, and just walked past the officials staring blankly at me, got to the middle of the baggage collection bit, and lay down on my back. 

When I came around, in my own mind, was when we were driving through the desert in the dark, with no lights on the vehicles. I looked at my mates and asked what the fuck was going on, as everybody looked a little tense, to say the least. It was because they had all just been told that there were 'politically motivated bandits' operating in the area. I 'now' know that the 'bandits' in question were probably ISIS Jihadists. 

Incidentally, I just missed a bombing in Dahab by about two weeks, and another in Sharm El Sheikh by a few weeks also.  

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

looking at that pitcure it feels like i haven't seen the sun in ages!  that is a glorious summer's day alright.

still, look at all those chemtrails.  not good. ;) 

Why do you think it was sunny? They were testing out geoengineering. 

*Taps forehead*

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, semmtexx said:

Not my photo but from the grauniad today. https://goo.gl/bjA27k

Looking pretty beautiful!

9D7064A0-A117-47BC-8CC7-1375CA618203.png

That is a lovely photo. 

I went up the Tor with a white witch once (calling mr gumby). We stayed there for a spell (quite literally) and then walked back down again. If you ever get the chance to go up there, then I would thoroughly recommend that you do so. Not only do you get majestic views, but also a sense of time, and your own place within it. For me it was a little haunting at first, but now I fully appreciate the perspective that it gave me. I don't understand it, or better put, do not have the comprehension to fully understand it, but it was as close to spirituality that I have ever got - apart from two other experiences. 

22 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That is a lovely photo. 

I went up the Tor with a white witch once (calling mr gumby). We stayed there for a spell (quite literally) and then walked back down again. If you ever get the chance to go up there, then I would thoroughly recommend that you do so. Not only do you get majestic views, but also a sense of time, and your own place within it. For me it was a little haunting at first, but now I fully appreciate the perspective that it gave me. I don't understand it, or better put, do not have the comprehension to fully understand it, but it was as close to spirituality that I have ever got - apart from two other experiences. 

I'd love to take a trip up but never quite got the time. Perhaps in a few year or maybe this summer when we're off Glastonbury perhaps? 

Now come on yog you can't leave us hanging with that teaser!! Pray tell what the "two other experiences" were! (If you don't mind sharing of course, understand if not"

Amusingly when I typed "experiences were" I missed a key and the auto correct suggested "experienced lsd!!"

:D

Edited by semmtexx

9 hours ago, semmtexx said:

I'd love to take a trip up but never quite got the time. Perhaps in a few year or maybe this summer when we're off Glastonbury perhaps? 

Now come on yog you can't leave us hanging with that teaser!! Pray tell what the "two other experiences" were! (If you don't mind sharing of course, understand if not"

Amusingly when I typed "experiences were" I missed a key and the auto correct suggested "experienced lsd!!"

:D

Hello semmtexx,

I'm afraid there's nothing exciting about the two other experiences, but I'll tell you them anyway (unfortunately there's a paucity of stuff to read on here nowadays).

The first instance was quite a fair few years ago when I was living with an ex girlfriend in a kind of a commune type house. I was staying there for free and renting my own house out at the time, as well as working. That enabled me to have quite a shocking disposable income for someone so young. And dispose of that money I did - like the fool that I am! Anyway, one weekend my ex went back home to see her folks (for she was a Geordie, and they are a tight knit bunch them). I was therefor left to my own devices in Birmingham, so went out on the lash on the Friday night, and finally came to at some time on the Sunday evening. For some reason (I really can't remember why) I decided that this was the time that I'd watch Withnail & I for the first time, and that I would watch it in an empty small bedroom, rather than the one that I shared with my ex. So I got the film ready, rolled a few joints, and started the film up. I started smoking the joints too. I'm not sure why, but at one point during the film, I looked out of the bedroom window and (now I may be technically wrong here) but could see the sun and the moon together in the same window of light that was provided by the window. It got me thinking about the cosmos,  the earth as a planet, and our insignificant history on this planet, in relation to time. That's when it all got a bit spiritual.

The second time this happened was when I was single and had booked a holiday in Turkey on a gulet for me and one of my older brothers. His wife had left him with the kids and ran off with another bloke. The kids were doing his head in and he really needed a holiday, but had no money. So, I booked this Turkish gulet holiday very late season. It was, in fact, the second last weeks journey that this boat would take that season. So, we were kind of wondering if the weather would be kind to us, and would we get on with the others on board. Well it turned out that there were only three other passengers on the cruise, when there should have been  at least another twenty, if it was a full ship. To cut a long story, we had an absolutely fantastic time on the boat, fantastic weather, great company etc. As an aside, I wasn't drinking at that time. I'd realized that I had a very serious drink problem and was going to AA meetings etc back in Birmingham. Anyway, it didn't matter - unbelievable I know, but it is possible to have a great holiday without alcohol. I'm rambling now, so will cut to the chase. There I was lying on the sun roof of this gulet on my own one day, when I looked at the horizon. There again was the sun and the moon in sight. I started the process of thinking about the earth again, our insignificance on it in terms of time etc etc. So, it was the same experience that I had had all those years ago in the commune type house. So, now not only was I thinking about the previous experience and it's relation to time, but was now relating that within a time frame to the experience I was then feeling while lying in the sun on the gulet sun roof. It could have been a total mind fuck that one, but I chose to give in to it gracefully, and just 'accept' - if that makes any sense to anyone.

PS Two points to make here (1) Fortunately I ditched the AA and am now back drinking again. The only difference nowadays is that I don't drink as heavily as I used to, and more importantly, have lost the wretched guilt feeling that over indulging in drink can bring.

(2) There used to be dinosaurs roam this planet. How fucking weird is that!?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Party at my tent ... I like this one from 2007 ... not for the quality of the photo ... just because it illustrates the numbers of people at the main stages and it looks like they are heading towards my tent !!

glasto07 020.jpg

Or have they just come to see your much heralded fancy dress? :D

• 1 month later...
On 04/01/2018 at 8:21 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello semmtexx,

I'm afraid there's nothing exciting about the two other experiences, but I'll tell you them anyway (unfortunately there's a paucity of stuff to read on here nowadays).

The first instance was quite a fair few years ago when I was living with an ex girlfriend in a kind of a commune type house. I was staying there for free and renting my own house out at the time, as well as working. That enabled me to have quite a shocking disposable income for someone so young. And dispose of that money I did - like the fool that I am! Anyway, one weekend my ex went back home to see her folks (for she was a Geordie, and they are a tight knit bunch them). I was therefor left to my own devices in Birmingham, so went out on the lash on the Friday night, and finally came to at some time on the Sunday evening. For some reason (I really can't remember why) I decided that this was the time that I'd watch Withnail & I for the first time, and that I would watch it in an empty small bedroom, rather than the one that I shared with my ex. So I got the film ready, rolled a few joints, and started the film up. I started smoking the joints too. I'm not sure why, but at one point during the film, I looked out of the bedroom window and (now I may be technically wrong here) but could see the sun and the moon together in the same window of light that was provided by the window. It got me thinking about the cosmos,  the earth as a planet, and our insignificant history on this planet, in relation to time. That's when it all got a bit spiritual.

The second time this happened was when I was single and had booked a holiday in Turkey on a gulet for me and one of my older brothers. His wife had left him with the kids and ran off with another bloke. The kids were doing his head in and he really needed a holiday, but had no money. So, I booked this Turkish gulet holiday very late season. It was, in fact, the second last weeks journey that this boat would take that season. So, we were kind of wondering if the weather would be kind to us, and would we get on with the others on board. Well it turned out that there were only three other passengers on the cruise, when there should have been  at least another twenty, if it was a full ship. To cut a long story, we had an absolutely fantastic time on the boat, fantastic weather, great company etc. As an aside, I wasn't drinking at that time. I'd realized that I had a very serious drink problem and was going to AA meetings etc back in Birmingham. Anyway, it didn't matter - unbelievable I know, but it is possible to have a great holiday without alcohol. I'm rambling now, so will cut to the chase. There I was lying on the sun roof of this gulet on my own one day, when I looked at the horizon. There again was the sun and the moon in sight. I started the process of thinking about the earth again, our insignificance on it in terms of time etc etc. So, it was the same experience that I had had all those years ago in the commune type house. So, now not only was I thinking about the previous experience and it's relation to time, but was now relating that within a time frame to the experience I was then feeling while lying in the sun on the gulet sun roof. It could have been a total mind fuck that one, but I chose to give in to it gracefully, and just 'accept' - if that makes any sense to anyone.

PS Two points to make here (1) Fortunately I ditched the AA and am now back drinking again. The only difference nowadays is that I don't drink as heavily as I used to, and more importantly, have lost the wretched guilt feeling that over indulging in drink can bring.

(2) There used to be dinosaurs roam this planet. How fucking weird is that!?

Hey Yog. Somehow neglected to reply to your kind reply to me. Thanks for the story - most appreciated! Point 2 - dinosaurs - I totally agree with you! Mental! 

Cheers!

27 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Hey Yog. Somehow neglected to reply to your kind reply to me. Thanks for the story - most appreciated! Point 2 - dinosaurs - I totally agree with you! Mental! 

Cheers!

No worries semmtexx. Glad you agree on the dinosaur thing. 

Not specifically related to dinosaurs, but I've always wanted to go fossil hunting on the south coast. You'd think that I'd have grown out of a childish dream, but I refuse to give up on it ever happening. 

As another aside, my wife's parents split up when she was about eight. On a trip with her dad to the south coast she found a large'ish fossil, which she gave to her dad as a present. Then when she was still young her dad died. She went around to her step mothers house and said that all she wanted from his estate was that fossil. The step mother then said something along the lines of 'Oh that. I threw that away'. So, I'd like to find a fossil, in order to give it to my wife, to replace her precious one that she gave to her dad. It wouldn't be the same thing, of course, but it would have the same purity to it.

All the best :)