Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

rd6ZPwP.jpg

01OIQKY.jpg

zn4Whn3.jpg

8HKEQie.jpg

YZvPEwQ.jpg

Hi Amii,

Who is the band with the guy with the washboard thing?

I seen them in the Green Bar backstage in the Theatre and circus, didn't catch their name. I do know they are American and had been playing all over the site tho, where good fun.

Hi Amii,

Who is the band with the guy with the washboard thing?

I seen them in the Green Bar backstage in the Theatre and circus, didn't catch their name. I do know they are American and had been playing all over the site tho, where good fun.

I believe it's Elvis Footnote & The Summerbees, I saw them at Rhythm Tree.

1074392_10151766776044743_963065312_o.jp

My friend got a CD.

1039566_10151766776359743_569742631_o.jp

Edited by Couchy

Here is a great link:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/daily-overview-fascinating-satellite-photographs-earth-show-mans-impact-planet-1512736

All kinds of everything here, and then towards the end Worthy Farm.  Though they have got it upside down, if you're used to North being at the top.

It's a great article, but for those who can't be bothered, here's the Glastonbury picture:

daily-overview.jpg

• Upvote 2

You know, the map makes more sense to me that way.  It's oriented more like it is when you're facing the Pyramid. Plus, The Park is uphill. Even though from a compass perspective it's wrong, it more closely matches what it's like to be there.  Or at least to someone like me with a very poor sense of direction.

You know, the map makes more sense to me that way.  It's oriented more like it is when you're facing the Pyramid. Plus, The Park is uphill. Even though from a compass perspective it's wrong, it more closely matches what it's like to be there.  Or at least to someone like me with a very poor sense of direction.

That's always how I think of the place too, probably partly because I've almost always come in Gate A and headed to Pennards/Park Home. But at the same time it looks odd because I'm so used to looking at the map. I used to think the Park etc were actually the north of the site so what I do I know anyway.

And yeah, must be 2014 pre-deluge.

I used to have this irritating way of thinking of the site in 2 chunks, with the Railway as being the dividing line. So just as I'd think of the Farm House as being at the top of the site, so was the Stone Circle.

Makes no sense whatsoever when you actually write it down.

I used to have this irritating way of thinking of the site in 2 chunks, with the Railway as being the dividing line. So just as I'd think of the Farm House as being at the top of the site, so was the Stone Circle.

Makes no sense whatsoever when you actually write it down.

What, so each half of the site was oriented a different way in your head?

I kind of get what you mean though.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great article, but for those who can't be bothered, here's the Glastonbury picture:

Thanks. My new background picture. It's so green compared to the massive pic that was linked up here a couple of years ago.

I can even pinpoint the exact location I camped in too! Right along the southern side of the hedge that separates SH & Oxylers, just below the space in between the space between the two gazebos at the end of the row before the hedge finishes. Memories.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To me its all wrong, but I think only because the first time I went I entered up near the farm, and got a real sense of looking down on the festival.  I always think of the farm as the 'top' of the festival.

I know what you mean although I would not change the convention so would keep North at the top.

This is a map from 89 but its close enough - the entry you mention used to be the main way people would walk and drive into { in the 80's it was possible to park and camp next to each other } 

On entry  you could not see the farm  due to the heavy bushes but it used to be the highest point at that time.

Its been ages since I have been up there { sometime in the 80's }  

glasto-89-site-plan.jpg