Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

Cheers frostypaw.

Haven't done much B&W - just the rare photo when I couldn't get the white balance anywhere near.

Appreciate the criticism - I do tend to over-sharpen, but put that down to my old eyes and an average monitor. I don't often use dodge or burn techniques as such, but do tweak the exposure if I think it's necessary. Again, probably a combination of my eyes & monitor if I've overdone it.

:)

edit: typo

I reckon you'd love B&W work, just from the style you shoot. I'd swear blind you used to be a B&W slide film only person from how you process them! That's why I didn't really want it to seem like a criticism, nowt wrong in loving texture.

If you do love your photos it's well worth going through the rigmarole of all the the colour/monitor set up options you can find on your computer - but if you're using Photoshop ensure you've selected "Monitor RGB" rather than all the normal profiles as they're only intended for print and look drastically different to normal computer viewing. It kinda alarms me how oddly most people set up their monitors. I spent some time doing hardcore image processing as part of my work and the difference between reallife-accurate to comfortable-computer-use to how-most-people-play-games is HUGE

I find most folk adjust their photos to how-people-play-games, and it all comes out flat and without texture. Lacking in depth!

I reckon you'd love B&W work, just from the style you shoot. I'd swear blind you used to be a B&W slide film only person from how you process them! That's why I didn't really want it to seem like a criticism, nowt wrong in loving texture.

If you do love your photos it's well worth going through the rigmarole of all the the colour/monitor set up options you can find on your computer - but if you're using Photoshop ensure you've selected "Monitor RGB" rather than all the normal profiles as they're only intended for print and look drastically different to normal computer viewing. It kinda alarms me how oddly most people set up their monitors. I spent some time doing hardcore image processing as part of my work and the difference between reallife-accurate to comfortable-computer-use to how-most-people-play-games is HUGE

I find most folk adjust their photos to how-people-play-games, and it all comes out flat and without texture. Lacking in depth!

Cheers. I have my monitor calibrated using a Spyder 3. But as it's an old and average monitor its brightness is variable. So colours should be about right, but exposure can be tricky. Time for a replacement when I save up.

I don't use photoshop, just Nikon's Capture NX2. More of a photo development toolkit than post-processing. I always convert RGB colour space before sticking on the web.

I think this is my favourite from this year. Very personal, just our little boy enjoying the Peace Garden. I admit I was concerned he might be overwhelmed by all that was going on, but he spent almost every waking moment with a big smile on his face, just like this!

946890_595544817152583_1697223900_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

I think this is my favourite from this year. Very personal, just our little boy enjoying the Peace Garden. I admit I was concerned he might be overwhelmed by all that was going on, but he spent almost every waking moment with a big smile on his face, just like this!

Excellent! You can tell he's going to grow up okay as he's already getting his Glastonbury exprience.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

• 3 months later...

Love the second to last pic JGP. What was the weather like that year? Looks warm but I notice a few folk with muddy boots on.

Cheers, I remember it being pretty warm at times, bit of drizzle here and there but pretty decent overall

Love the second to last pic JGP. What was the weather like that year? Looks warm but I notice a few folk with muddy boots on.

It takes very little rain for some bits of the site to get muddy. This airways seems to escape city folk - conditions vary across site which is why folk keep recommending good walking boots

It takes very little rain for some bits of the site to get muddy. This airways seems to escape city folk - conditions vary across site which is why folk keep recommending good walking boots

Yeah the mud seemed to appear instantaneously on the Thursday last year as soon as it started raining, kinda glad it did as it meant there was little dust over the next few days. Anyone who doesn't take some kind of waterproof footwear is asking for trouble frankly.