Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

I'm thinking that unicycle must be a HDR, with the relatively light juggler stuck in from a darker exposure. The shadow seems perhaps a bit too bright, which would make sense for that being a brighter exposure.

Or of course, it may be a vampire unicyclist and unicycle that had to use a projected shadow so people didn't realise!

I very much doubt it's a rolling shutter effect - you'd expect to see more artefacts etc.

You do get a similar effect when doing video on dSLRs, but I certainly wouldn't expect to see as defined differences.

Love the mud reflections!

Cheers, probably my favourite pic I took. Not that amazingly technical or artistic, but manages to capture a bit of the 'feel' :).

Hi Tristan 119.

Thanks for your comments re the shot, at the moment I only ever post low res images for 2 main reasons, firstly I'm mid way through a photography degree courses so any images may be used for my future course work and the other one is that I use images for stock photography purposes.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Tristan 119.

Thanks for your comments re the shot, at the moment I only ever post low res images for 2 main reasons, firstly I'm mid way through a photography degree courses so any images may be used for my future course work and the other one is that I use images for stock photography purposes.

Cheers

Ian

Just out of interest do you sell loads through stock photography?

Hi Tristan 119.

Cheers

Ian

Just thought it would make a great gift printed onto canvas, never mind thanks all the same. :D

Edited by tristan119

Hi Tristan 119.

Cheers

Ian

Go on - give us the tipee one as a pressie - pretty please! ;)

I'm thinking that unicycle must be a HDR, with the relatively light juggler stuck in from a darker exposure. The shadow seems perhaps a bit too bright, which would make sense for that being a brighter exposure.

Or of course, it may be a vampire unicyclist and unicycle that had to use a projected shadow so people didn't realise!

I very much doubt it's a rolling shutter effect - you'd expect to see more artefacts etc.

You do get a similar effect when doing video on dSLRs, but I certainly wouldn't expect to see as defined differences.

Cheers, probably my favourite pic I took. Not that amazingly technical or artistic, but manages to capture a bit of the 'feel' :).

With HDR i'd expect a multiple exposure effect though, not such a sharp shadow that is so different from the juggler.

Had a closer look and theres deffo signs of photoshopping. Its a good job though!

James - fantastic photo's as always, i've not been to solstice at the henge since i was a young girl... thanks for sharing! :)

It's my pleasure. Likewise hadn't been to a Solstice since before Thatcher illegally stopped the free festival. It was good timing as we'd have been passing it on the way anyway so left a few hours earlier instead. Shame about the lack of sun - a typical cloud covered Solstice morning where the dark just gradually gets lighter!

p.s. Far too organised now though. Police, security, drug sniffing dogs (if it's illegal for everybody else why not for them as well? :P ) everywhere, not to mention the row of fast food outlets...

With HDR i'd expect a multiple exposure effect though, not such a sharp shadow that is so different from the juggler.

I was suggesting he had used HDR, but cut out just the juggler/unicycle from one image, then added it to a different exposure from the HDR for the background - which in most cases (ie with a person standing still/not moving much) probably wouldn't be noticed.

I was suggesting he had used HDR, but cut out just the juggler/unicycle from one image, then added it to a different exposure from the HDR for the background - which in most cases (ie with a person standing still/not moving much) probably wouldn't be noticed.

Thats not really HDR then! Just a photoshop cut/paste job :P

Dunno - the only thing I would expect is a shearing of objects moving across the frame, but there aren't any of those (from what I can make out).

(For example - with a rolling shutter a moving car would appear to be leaning forwards, but a street sign would remain straight).