Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

..saturday pyramid pics...

Hahaha looking at your pics Tom, you must have been stood about 6 feet maximum to our left last year, down at the barrier, and there for most of the day like us too.... muse did go a bit mental didn't it!

Recognise the faces? B)

(in the hat and arm in the air (dead weather)

1648336.jpg

I'm stood right behind the security dude in red tee-shirt stood on the barrier - so he was my view for most of the bloody set!!

4742737342_a2e745c2c1_b-1.jpg

and this security guy was the best bloke in the world - fed us going all day with haribo and cereal bars and stopped another security guy from pulling me out when the muse crush went harry-mental:

g2010082.jpg

Hahaha looking at your pics Tom, you must have been stood about 6 feet maximum to our left last year, down at the barrier, and there for most of the day like us too.... muse did go a bit mental didn't it!

Recognise the faces? B)

I don't but i recognise the security guard, and look where the mexican flags with the picture from the stage. I'd I must been very close to you guys!! But my memory is hazy where I ended up when the crowd took off, I am pretty sure I was somewhere around that mexican flag furtherest to the right:P I remember about 2/3 songs from the encore moving back, as my back couldn't take any more hits from the pit behind us. (I was trying protect my mate as best as I could.). I remember the security guards offering to pull me out a few times. Ah good times really, well worth to get that close to Muse.

I don't but i recognise the security guard, and look where the mexican flags with the picture from the stage. I'd I must been very close to you guys!! But my memory is hazy where I ended up when the crowd took off, I am pretty sure I was somewhere around that mexican flag furtherest to the right:P I remember about 2/3 songs from the encore moving back, as my back couldn't take any more hits from the pit behind us. (I was trying protect my mate as best as I could.). I remember the security guards offering to pull me out a few times. Ah good times really, well worth to get that close to Muse.

It was bloody hot there all day standing - can remember desperately watching the shadow creeping across the stage and being so sodding grateful when it did.

The girls ending up standing next to all day (in the pic with the security guard) were Muse die-hards and go to a lot of their gigs, but said they'd never been in a crush/mosh-pit at the front that bad before... towards the end it got really really uncomfortable. Besides the kiddy that spent half the set punching me in the head, it was more the pain in my back from the weight of all the people behind - there literally wasnt room to breathe. At one point my other half was in so much pain he was going to get pulled out - but since I'd been there all bloody day I wasn't having that :lol: so squeezed in behind him and shoved backwards as hard as I could. Got my arm trapped and nearly broken when we had one of the sideways surges but it is now a standing joke between us that my (well-padded) arse held back 80,000 people!!

Quite randomly, having lost those girls in the madness of the moshpit, we randomly bumped into them again an hour later in the other stage field, where they thanked us for feeding them biscuits and red bull all day :)

It was a cracking night - but I wouldn't do it again - I'd built that Muse set up so much in my head and wanted to enjoy it soooooo much, but between all the madness, the crushes, the surges, the security blocking the view and what honestly felt like every person in the crowd getting pulled out over our heads (and managing to boot us in the face while that happened) I came away feeling a little sad. I certainly have unfinished business with Muse, put it that way B)

• Downvote 1

It was a cracking night - but I wouldn't do it again - I'd built that Muse set up so much in my head and wanted to enjoy it soooooo much, but between all the madness, the crushes, the surges, the security blocking the view and what honestly felt like every person in the crowd getting pulled out over our heads (and managing to boot us in the face while that happened) I came away feeling a little sad. I certainly have unfinished business with Muse, put it that way B)

Yeah it was bit mad, I keep thinking if I would do it again myself, most probs :P...I get what you mean about the set, I enjoyed it but I dunno I guess with all the rumours of having Orchestra with them and such I built it up to. It was good for me, great even but really just another Muse gig plus the Edge. (But kind of special because its at Glasto :P) I have very mixed emotions about it. One things for sure it was memorable :)

I'd built that Muse set up so much in my head and wanted to enjoy it soooooo much, but between all the madness, the crushes, the surges, the security blocking the view and what honestly felt like every person in the crowd getting pulled out over our heads (and managing to boot us in the face while that happened) I came away feeling a little sad. I certainly have unfinished business with Muse, put it that way B)

I enjoyed it but I dunno I guess with all the rumours of having Orchestra with them and such I built it up to. It was good for me, great even but really just another Muse gig plus the Edge. (But kind of special because its at Glasto :P) I have very mixed emotions about it. One things for sure it was memorable :)

I have LOVED Muse and seen them many times - best was in Royal Albert Hall - fab acoustics, but that last album really left me feeling meah, and then saw them at O2 arena which is so huge that I didnt enjoy it at all :( :(

We watched Muse from the hill, and much as I love the old sing-along muse songs my favourite that night was streets with no name, and yet I would have said that I liked Muse much more than U2. It is for that reason that I do want to see U2 this year, but whether I will cope with the crowd and the size of Pyramid stage remains to be seen!!!

Love the pics though :)

Edit

I was at The Park for Biffy in the afternoon, and we wandered up through circus area, stopping off for dinner, hence ending up at the back of Pyramid, just in time for the end of Scissor Sisters.

There were a LOT of kids up where we were, so I dont think I'd do that again ;)

Edited by ark

Where's the mighty George S? Haven't seen anything from him for ages.

For those who are wondering what I'm talking about, go back through the thread and you'll see stacks of his wonderful pictures.

Agree...he took some amazing pics!

Would love to see some more of them :)

Where's the mighty George S? Haven't seen anything from him for ages.

For those who are wondering what I'm talking about, go back through the thread and you'll see stacks of his wonderful pictures.

No idea. I sent him a message a few days ago and he logged on here after that but never replied.