Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

Got a decent Samsung compact on Tescos outlet store, it's refurbished and cost a little over forty quid. 10Mp, face detection, 3x optical zoom etc. Comes with a years warranty too.

I recommend having a little look for the Tesco outlet on eBay - there are some things that aren't that great a deal, but happy with what I got.

EDIT: Had a quick search for you - Click here if you're interested in a look.

I kept my DSLR at home, no way would it have lasted half the bands I saw! I kept my Kodak with me. It's a neat little camera too, and the battery lasted the whole 5 days. It's a Kodak Easyshare M something.

Hey, got a dSLR 6 month ago, NIKON d3000 with 18-55 mm VR Lens, just wondering what peoples advice would be for buying Glasto related camera essentials.

- You probably will want a longer lens as well as you'll have wide-angle to normal shots covered by the 18-55 but sometimes you'll want a longer reach than that.

- Buy a couple of spare batteries.

- Make sure you have some wet weather gear - a waterproof camera bag for a start.

- Don't forget the memory cards, as you don't want to run out of storage and have to start deleting if you run out of room.

- And most of all - don't forget to use the free (donations gladly accepted though) 24 hour lockups for when you sleep and when you want to let your hair down and sink a few pints etc. and not have to worry about where your kit might be.

- Finally, make sure you have your camera gear covered by insurance - make sure it's covered on your home insurance or take out specific insurance to cover theft or damage.

Then have a blast!

Punks not Dads. Don't know if anyone saw these on the bandstand but they gave out a piece of Ikea furniture at the beginning of their set for the crowd to assemble. Thought they were great, made me laugh, but then I'm a dad!

5123293828_aa0e8b2906_b.jpg

Oh my god, I know I'm quoting this from ages ago but the drummer in this band is my lecturer at uni. He started a seminar telling us that listening to his band on youTube was our assignment for that week.

Even more coincidentally that circus performer someone had a photo of a bit before this goes down my local pub and has performed there before too. I know no one cares. But that's the weirdest two photos to see on the same page.

Cheers for the compliments on my pics people, tis much appreciated.

Hey, got a dSLR 6 month ago, NIKON d3000 with 18-55 mm VR Lens, just wondering what peoples advice would be for buying Glasto related camera essentials.

Without doubt, one of these - Crumpler Half Muffin bag. All your kit safely underneath, and room for beers, jumper and other essentials up top. There's an ex-demo for £45 on ebay.

You can buy them. Check out this linky:

http://www.glowstickcity.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=glowman

Just be aware that you will get people stopping you wanting to have photos every few yards :D or at least that's the impression I got last year; we saw a group of girls in these up at the stone circle and asked for pics, they agreed but looked a bit like it was a chore....

Just be aware that you will get people stopping you wanting to have photos every few yards :D or at least that's the impression I got last year; we saw a group of girls in these up at the stone circle and asked for pics, they agreed but looked a bit like it was a chore....

Looks similar, but the guys walking round last year had costumes that were electronically operated as the glow faces winked, stuck tongue out ect. I presume the costume was made using neon wire and some clever electronics.

Edited by idb

Must of taken me a good couple hours (spread over a few days) to view all these photos. I now have a better understanding of what to expect at Glasto. All looks amazing, and at the same time daunting! Although ive been to enough Reading's to deal with large crowds of people.

Can't wait for my first Glasto this year!

Also that awesome night-shot of the Brothers Bar is now my desktop wallpaper.

Edited by *Stevie B*