Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

Hi George

I'm taking a dslr this year, only had it a few weeks so I'm a complete beginner, a canon 30d, what lens do you use for most of your glastonbury pictures? I'm not really there to take shots of the bands I just want to record the life and people of the festival. I have a 28-80mmm and a 80-200mm but was going to buy a 300mm for wildlife after glasto but not sure whether I should get it beforehand.

Cheers

Hi there Psy

I personally will be taking a 24 70mm, 70 200mm and a 10 20mm, plus one of my loved lenses a 50 prime. I was thinking of getting a 1.4 extender to keep a bit out of the crowd and give me a better chance for candid shots. That would make the 70 200mm into a 280mm which is good enough for me. Last year I had a 70 300mm lns with me and most of the shots posted here and on my blog have been taken with it

Hi there Psy

I personally will be taking a 24 70mm, 70 200mm and a 10 20mm, plus one of my loved lenses a 50 prime. I was thinking of getting a 1.4 extender to keep a bit out of the crowd and give me a better chance for candid shots. That would make the 70 200mm into a 280mm which is good enough for me. Last year I had a 70 300mm lns with me and most of the shots posted here and on my blog have been taken with it

Cheers George

Think i'll just take the two lenses I have and see how I get on, I'll post some up here after the festival and you can comment on them.

Absolutely loving your work George. I'd really like to ask a couple of questions if you've got a few secs because I'm a complete beginner whose hopefully going to be buying a mid-range DSLR soon (probably a D90) and will only have the basic kit lens...

1) How do you keep your pictures so sharp without carring a tripod round Glastonbury with you?

2) How do you get so much colour in your photos? Do you make the sky bluer using Photoshop?

3) If you could take just one of those lenses that you mentioned, which one would it be?

Absolutely loving your work George. I'd really like to ask a couple of questions if you've got a few secs because I'm a complete beginner whose hopefully going to be buying a mid-range DSLR soon (probably a D90) and will only have the basic kit lens...

1) How do you keep your pictures so sharp without carring a tripod round Glastonbury with you?

2) How do you get so much colour in your photos? Do you make the sky bluer using Photoshop?

3) If you could take just one of those lenses that you mentioned, which one would it be?

There' s a forum called talkphotography which is pretty good for advice on all things photographical.

Edited by psychology

George, how do you make the sky graduate from that nice polarised blue to the deeper blue/black?

I'm an amatuer photographer and have just started getting into tinkering with my photos in PS but i'm completely lost in the vast amount of features - 99% of which i haven't got a clue do!

Also, could I add you on msn messenger if you have it? I won't bug you with endless questions but it'd just be nice to have somebody to give their opinions on some of my photos.

George, how do you make the sky graduate from that nice polarised blue to the deeper blue/black?

I'm an amatuer photographer and have just started getting into tinkering with my photos in PS but i'm completely lost in the vast amount of features - 99% of which i haven't got a clue do!

Also, could I add you on msn messenger if you have it? I won't bug you with endless questions but it'd just be nice to have somebody to give their opinions on some of my photos.

On the photos you have mentioned I was using a polarizer filter, but also two neutral density graduated filters. They work great in this case because the polarizer works best at 90 degrees with the sun and it makes a little of a mess when using a wide angle lens (the sky comes all blotchy).

With regards to photoshop I know what you mean. I learnt it on my own and it took about two years to get a good hand of it.

On the photos you have mentioned I was using a polarizer filter, but also two neutral density graduated filters. They work great in this case because the polarizer works best at 90 degrees with the sun and it makes a little of a mess when using a wide angle lens (the sky comes all blotchy).

With regards to photoshop I know what you mean. I learnt it on my own and it took about two years to get a good hand of it.

Ahh i thought it was some photoshop trickery. Thanks for the heads up, i'll have to get some ND filters in my kit at some point ;)

3674761253_b4e89ee974.jpg

love this pic (not mine)

:O just :O .

31220_399061116033_547926033_4876713_784

My favourite all time pic from Glastonbury 2005

That is brilliant. It's the little things like that at Glasto which make it for me and make me laugh over and over when I remember them. Such a positive atmosphere. I literally can't wait now.