Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

James - amazing pictures! Well worth waiting until February to see them! :P

I hope you don't mind but I stole the last one of the Pyramid with Damon on the big screen for my screensaver.

Thanks so much!

No worries. The only time I'd be upset is if anyone tried to use my photos for commercial purposes without permission. Otherwise I see it as a compliment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry its so large but a very neat image just the same.

What a way to kill a thread! 18.8MB file and you had to enclose it in image tags so we can't avoid it downloading every time this page is opened? Crashed my browser on my machine and made this thread impossible to load on mobile devices.

Hint: in future please just paste a straight link and indicate how large the file is for images this large which people could click on or not if they want to.

What a way to kill a thread! 18.8MB file and you had to enclose it in image tags so we can't avoid it downloading every time this page is opened? Crashed my browser on my machine

your internet connection must be terrible

page takes 10 seconds at most to load up, no hassle at all

your internet connection must be terrible

page takes 10 seconds at most to load up, no hassle at all

It varies from good to awful at home. On my phone an 18.8mb file simply hangs the browser. There is a way to post a link without forcing everyone to download the file you know.

edit: typo

Edited by jameshunt

It varies from good to awful at home. On my phone an 18.8mb file simply hangs the browser. There is a way to post a link without forcing everyone to download the file you know.

edit: typo

fair enough on phone its likely to be a pain

also browser should cache the imagine so it only has to load once (unless you shutdown the browser in which case the cache will be deleted)

fair enough on phone its likely to be a pain

also browser should cache the imagine so it only has to load once (unless you shutdown the browser in which case the cache will be deleted)

I understand that posting an 18.8MB image file in IMG tags (so it will be displayed whether you want it to or not) will not be a problem for everyone. The fact that it is a problem for some and that said problem is completely avoidable is the point I am striving to make.

Your point about browser caching is a valid one, except that it ignores the fact that you have to download it at least once per session.

edit: re-read post I was replying to. :P

edit2: Actually there may be a JPEG error in that fullsize photo as it crashes Safari on my mac every time I try to view the whole image. It partially loads then crashes.

Edited by jameshunt