Latitude 2010

RaymondM

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really, really, really happy with the line up

i think the headliners could have been a touch bigger, but the under card and the word stage are excellent.

and thats without anything from the sunrise arena or lake stage, knowing that guilty pleasures and feeling gloomy are bound to be there.

the comedy looks good

man, im a pig in shit

EDIT: oh extra excitement, i forgot all about the joanna newsom/thom yorke slot. who could be that be?

Edited by Tugger2k

so would you reccommend the full weekend?

what happens on the thursday?

The film and music arena was really good on the Thursday last year with the Smoke Fairies, Patty Plinko & her Boy and Camille O'Sullivan all playing. Was jam packed and made for a great start to the weekend.

Must say I'm a little underwhelmed by the main stage headliners this year. The stuff I'm most looking forward to at the moment is Adam Buxton: BUG; Rich Fulcher in the cabaret tent; John Cooper Clarke; Marcus Brigstocke's Early Edition and Robin Ince.

tugger, is this what you expected when the guy said they might actually make a profit this year?

for me, this has nothing on the 08 line up. so far anyway.

headliners wise, i agree, but i think youll see an improvement across the board.

plus, no info on the newsom/yorke spot yet, very intrigued by that.

A few questions:

I'm hoping for a Glasto ticket in the resale, if I don't get one I'm going to Latitude.

What's Latitude like? Atmosphere, people, food, etc.

Will the tickets sell out quickly or do I have plenty of time?

Anything else?

:P

the tickets have never sold out quickly so you should have time after the glasto re-sale to decide

obviously, its not glasto, but its the closest in ambition to glasto. the theatre, film, comedy, visual arts elements add a level to other other pure music festivals.

the site is the prettiest and most well organised ive been to (and ive been to a fait selection) for its size. not many queues anywhere. another massive bonus, is the drainage. ive been twice, its rained at least once every day, and yet the sites nearly always dry (close to the coast, sand based soil) after an hour.

lovely laid back vibe, if a little middle class, and very safe, lots and lots of families.

it doesnt kick you out straight after the main music finishes, in fact guilty pleasures and the lake stage host dj's until after 2, plus in the woods has dj's till the same time.

and the food and food choices are 1t rate

i love it, its my second fave festy and am returning for the 3rd year running.

its never going to be glasto, but if music isnt the be all and end all (and the music selection over the 5 areas has and will be great this year) then i'd highly recommend it.

A few questions:

I'm hoping for a Glasto ticket in the resale, if I don't get one I'm going to Latitude.

What's Latitude like? Atmosphere, people, food, etc.

Will the tickets sell out quickly or do I have plenty of time?

Anything else?

:P

I am a volunteer at both Latitude and Glastonbury so I look at things a bit different to other people.

Latitude is like a mini Glastonbury without the need of a helicopter to get from one side to the other.

People tend not to be in such a hurry so there is no massive crowds moving about all at the same time.

its a very relaxing place and its well worth the effort to get there.

the image is from the sunrise bar a few years ago - as you can see no one is trying to jump the queue.

sunrise-with-queue1.jpg

last year it was a lot wetter that any other year but the rain soon drains away so the ground tends not to turn to mud.

Glastonbury is still at the top but a very close second has to be Latitude.

I'm new to Latitude, drawn in by reports of good vibes and that line-up is sensational. Here's hoping for some more quality bands to come. Perhaps Tunng, Frightened Rabbit, Yeasayer, Midlake??