Green Man 2010

5co77ie

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also looking for tickets. I wish I had £400 to spare as that's what they're going for on ebay.

Does anyone know the festival capacity? I heard abut 10.000 people, is that about it?

Anyway, sounds like a lovely festival

Think its 10000 yeah

Not to rub it in, I got ticket no.9717, was so relieved that i'd decided to buy when I did

Keep checking http://www.scarletmist.com/ for tickets? Or lurk about on forums seeing if anyone is selling

Edited by rbranigan

Site map anyone? Just back from Glasto, so now have this to look forward to :)

Hi

Just got back from Glastonbury where the only downside was that friends told me the Greenman had sold out! Have been the last 3 years and will be gutted if I can not go this time.

I'm after two adult weekend camping tickets and will pay face value plus any fees and, because I refuse to contribute to touts, a £20 donation to the charity of your choice (which if gift aid applies could be even more).

Hope someone can sort me out ...if not no worries - it will teach me for next year.

Okay so I waited and waited and now it's too late to get a ticket. Would love an Adult or Student ticket if there's anyone out there who has decided against going.

Thank you smile.gif

p.s. do they ever have additional official ticket sales?

Edited by eFestivals

Seen a few tickets going on gumtree face value would probably go quick though!

http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list_postings.pl?search_terms=green+man+festival&search_location=United+Kingdom&ubercat=1

Thanks Rob - There is one on at £140 at the moment. Have pointed this out to the bro just now for him to get on the case.

Thanks again.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

I ordered my early bird tickets way back in November, yet I still haven't received them. Is anyone else in the same boat? With only 10 days to go I'm getting impatient. Ticketline says the tickest are not yet ready for delivery. I tried calling Ticketline and got no reply.

Why do they leave it so late.

Cheers

Hi

I ordered my early bird tickets way back in November, yet I still haven't received them. Is anyone else in the same boat? With only 10 days to go I'm getting impatient. Ticketline says the tickest are not yet ready for delivery. I tried calling Ticketline and got no reply.

Why do they leave it so late.

Cheers

Hello Aardvaark

You are not alone! It seems from the Green Man forum that there's a number of us who bought early bird tix which have not been received. It seems that Ticketline (or should that be Noticketline?) have cocked up and are blaming Royal Mail. But it seems that the problem lies with Ticketline. Email them and keep phoning.

I expect (hope) it will get sorted!

There is a thread on the official Green Man Festival forums (on the site) about that, may be worth reading through. Basically keep phoning so they know you haven't got your ticket, and take your emails, the credit/debit card you booked on, and identification, to the festival and you should be able to pick up on door no worries.

Not long now! Im excited :D Although a bit gutted that Cass McCombs has mysteriously been replaced by Farfalo, with no mention from the organisers.

Hello. I'm going to Green Man for the first time this year. I was just figuring out where it is held, exactly. Is Crickhowell within walking distance? And if so does it have any shops? I was wondering if it was worth going there to buy some food or whatever (fruit, that sort of thing) to save a few pounds?

EDIT- I looked on the forum on the offical site, like I should have done before asking on here, and it is and you can.

Edited by IBee

This is a warning to anyone thinking of buying tickets for next years Green Man Festival. From mine and others traumatic experiences, of tickets not arriving, do not buy tickets through Ticketline.

We first heard there were problems with ticket dispatch from a friend, on the day that we were due to fly out for a holiday. In the airport I spent a reasonably stressful half hour on my mobile calling an 0844 number (that costs 20p per min) only to be told that the tickets were not ready for dispatch. On returning from holiday we found the postman had still not delivered anything - quite concerning, considering the festival starts tomorrow.

My Other gripes are...

The green man forum is currently unavailable.

The ticket line number was engaged for half an hour before I finally got through (again, I had to pay 20p min).

I was very calm and polite with customer services, even after being put on hold several times with no background music, so I couldn't tell if I had been cut off or not.

I was finally informed that Royal Mail had lost our tickets and that ticketline would arrange for new ones to be picked up on site. Personally, I have never heard of Royal mail losing anything sent via recorded delivery, besides which surely it is up to ticketline not to pass on the blame but to select a postal service that actually delivers tickets worth a few hundred pounds.

Whilst on the phone, I had to negotiate the refund of the delivery fee - surely this should automatically be refunded when tickets are not sent out. If I want any chance of getting the phone costs refunded then I have to put my complaint into writing along with a copy of my phone bill.

My family have no choice but to blindly trust this new arrangement in the hope that the drive to Wales with 3 small children will not be wasted.

This festival should be a relaxing weekend. I can assure you that so far for me, it isn't.

Edited by bawlee

Hi bawlee

It seems from all the posts I've read that ticketline are blaming the Post Office for their own failures. I'm certain that if the Post Office was guilty it would have come to light back in May, when TL said they'd delivered to the Post Office, not suddenly now. I had the same problem as you; Early Bird tickets gone missing. So many other people have reported exactly the same thing and are being told that the tickets were given to the Post Office on May 13th. I have my tickets now but they are reissues. I overheard a conversation while on one of my calls to Tickeltline which indicated that they are not telling people the truth. And they made no fuss about reassuing tickets.

Tickeltline are rubbish and the Green Man really shouldn't be dealing with them. Perhaps they have little choice.

A few years back Glastonbury and Reading both used courier services to deliver tickets and honestly they were far worse than the Post Office (tellingly both Glasto and Reading now use the Post Office).

I don't want to come across as the Post Office's #1 fan but they are, I'm sure, not to blame and are suffering from the 'kick a person when they're down' syndrome.

All I can say is, the Green Man festival is worth the hassle and I hope everything goes well for you when you get there.

Enjoy.

Edited by Aardvaark

I used ticketline for all my festival tickets this year, and have had no problems, shame to hear you guys have, but im sure theyll be waiting on site for you! Last year I lost my ticket at Kendal Calling in the campsite before going to get my wristband from the tent, and ticketline very kindly went out of their way to secure me a new one when they could have just not believed me and sent me on my way.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a smashing Green Man 2010... Think I'm going to start a 2011 thread now! Whoop whoop!!

Highlights were-

Beirut

Pure Pie (much better than pieminister)

Tallest Man On Earth

Megafaun

DJ Yoda

John Cooper Clark

Seperado

Hexstatic

Metronomy

The atmosphere- people were just brilliant

One of the best weekends of my life, thank you to all te wonderful people involved..............