Boxing

Cardboard Box City

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2016 at 3:44 PM, The Nal said:

Serious performance from Lomachenko at the weekend. That said, Walters quitting was awful.

Finally got round to watching the full fight last night. Even accounting for how poor Walters was that was seriously impressive from Lomachenko.  What's next? Salido? Vargas? Linares? 

The wife is now out Saturday night...i just know I'm going to end up watching the ludicrous AJ card...

19 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Finally got round to watching the full fight last night. Even accounting for how poor Walters was that was seriously impressive from Lomachenko.  What's next? Salido? Vargas? Linares? 

The wife is now out Saturday night...i just know I'm going to end up watching the ludicrous AJ card...

Hes an animal yeah. Salido rematch for March apparently. I didn't see the first fight but appeared to be controversial. 

I may end up watching on Saturday myself alright. Just out of morbid curiosity. Interested to see how Katie Taylor gets on against an opponent who isn't a total punchbag though.

Edited by The Nal

I hate stubhub.

had tickets all set to buy, clicked purchase (the final confirmation bit) for it then to say, sorry you can't buy that number of tickets.... but you can BUY MORE. edit: oh and then kick me out when saying I would buy more as I knew some people who would want them

F*cking pr*cks..

Edited by lharris92

• 2 months later...

well... as a follow on from the last post i made, stubhub put in a queuing system for the second sale and we managed to get tickets.

also Khan vs Pacman - thoughts on that? personally see it as a payday for Khan.

And Haye-Bellew this weekend. Don't really care who wins it but the trash talking has been good.

39 minutes ago, lharris92 said:

well... as a follow on from the last post i made, stubhub put in a queuing system for the second sale and we managed to get tickets.

And Haye-Bellew this weekend. Don't really care who wins it but the trash talking has been good.

It's been the worst thing in recent memory and everything I hate about boxing. I'm not sure there's been a fight where I want both fighters to lose as much as this one - cant stand either of them. Haye will win though, and pretty comprehensively I would imagine.

I'm still not sure how Khan keeps getting these big fights...

15 hours ago, mjsell said:

I'm still not sure how Khan keeps getting these big fights...

Quite simply because he has an entertaining style of boxing. Which is why he's popular with Americans. Which means he sells lots of PPVs. Which means other fighters want to fight him (that and having a glass chin...). 

Edited by TheGayTent

16 hours ago, lharris92 said:

The fight hasn't been made yet. 

If it does I think it'll be a very good fight, their styles compliment each other well. As for who would come out on top...

Khan is very chinny...and has massive question marks over the state of his right hand that hasn't been tested since surgery...

but Pacquiao hasn't knocked anyone out in nearly a decade...and is 38 with 67 pro fights to his name....

That's a fight I'd probably pay for - certainly far more likely than me paying for the freak show that is Haye v Bellew. 

Edited by TheGayTent

On 3/2/2017 at 4:42 PM, lharris92 said:

Its a payday for no one now. Been cancelled. Money people didn't come through. 

that was actually an entertaining fight, credit to haye for not giving in but with his big gob I think it humbled him a bit.

Possibly but he could've easily said "yeah I need a rematch I snapped my achilles".

Bellew broke his hand apparently though. 

Some payday. 4.2m for Haye and 2.8m for Bellew. Sounds like Bellew may retire on that. Hes not a heavyweight. 

Edited by The Nal

18 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its a payday for no one now. Been cancelled. Money people didn't come through. 

Possibly but he could've easily said "yeah I need a rematch I snapped my achilles".

Bellew broke his hand apparently though. 

Some payday. 4.2m for Haye and 2.8m for Bellew. Sounds like Bellew may retire on that. Hes not a heavyweight. 

There'll be a rematch, Haye will win and then a decider. People will buy into it too.

• 1 month later...

A fight that exceeded its hype. And there was a lot of hype. 

2 of the best rounds of boxing (the 5th and the 6th) that I've ever seen. Fair play to Joshua, I've never been fully won over by him because of the marketing bullshit that surrounds him and just wanted a good fight last night without supporting either man, but by the 11th I was screaming at the telly with I imagine a lot of others (there certainly was in the room I was in)

Its a shame Tyson Fury is tapped in the head. Last night highlights how good his victory was against Wlad. Tyson would befuddle AJ. It is just a shame Tysons out of the ring behavior will be the undoing of him. You can't live the lifestyle he does and expect to beat athletes like AJ.  

• 1 month later...