Boxing

Cardboard Box City

Lennox Lewis being one of them, he was great both in and outside the ring.

Unlike Chisora who's a shame for british boxing

And Lennox was a good boxer unlike this Joe Frazier wannabe. Although I did laugh when Rahman knocked him out after Lewis was laughing and shaking his head doing the "You cant hurt me" thing.

Heres 10 of the best press conference brawls, including two featuring the angel Lennox Lewis! One staged, one instigated by Tyson. The crazy rapist Tyson too, not the pigeon fancier Tyson.

Riddick Bowes being the most cowardly though.

Edited by The Nal

• 1 month later...

Wow. Hope he does. We need a good heavyweight fight to look forward to But hes been gone for 9 years!.

It's happening according to his official Facebook page:

I've enjoyed retirement but there is unfinished business at hand & 125 million reasons 2 finish.

Sept 29th #LLVK2 #DoneDeal

He lives in the States these days, so its a potential April Fool's joke (and if so I fell for it!).

EDIT: http://lennoxlewis.com/news/lennox-returns-to-ring-for-sept-29th-mega-fight-with-klitschko/

Edited by Kowalski

• 4 weeks later...

Cotto vs Mayweather this satruday, can't wait for this one the 24/7 series really hyped me up.

I'm thinking that Cotto can somehow upset Mayweather, he's one of the few boxers who I think can manage to beat Floyd.

looks like cotto put up a good fight, but mayweather pulled it off.

he also wants the pacman next, and blamed his promoter (pacmans) for it not happening before.

saying that he will have to wait until after he does his 3 months month or so inside.

Edited by lharris92

Yeah Cotto pressured mayweather well, In my book he done had enough to win.

However Mayweather come out really strong in the last couple of rounds, but in the majority of the fight Cotto was the aggressor and landedsome damaging shots.

To score the fight 117-110 in favour of "Money" is insulting by the judges.

Edited by A-Rob

so frank warrens latest debacle confirms what an odious little c**t he really is.

i hope no fucker buys the ppv for that "fight" (that surely no-one wants to see?)

Two guys dont like each other. They are going to fight. Great!

I dont see what the problem is, I really dont. No one has or had a problem with the shit that Ali said, and he's revered.

Its a mockery of a fight. Its means nothing. No reputable boxing federation wants anything to do with it. Its only happened because its sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Association? WTF? Soon Warren will be inventing his own boxing federation where boxers with silly names and pet snakes will put on fake pantomime fights. this is the first step

But when was the last time any Boxing match meant anything?

All the titles are worthless, all the sanctioning bodies are meaningless.

I cannot understand for the life of me why people are seeing this as some kind of circus act, when lets face it, its two of the best British heavyweight boxers (low standard I know) going to fight each other. Is it any worse than any of the fights Tyson was involved in from 95 onwards?

Frank Warren might as well create his own Boxing organisation and fuck all the sanctioning bodies and the commissions off because its just been a big mess for years.

Dont believe me? Floyd Mayweather had SEVEN titles on Saturday night. SEVEN.

And people are getting upset about Haye v Chisora?

Can someone please explain to me why this fight shouldnt take place?

let it take place, just dont expect me to be interested in seeing two guys who are champions of fuck all, fighting for nothing, in a fight not sanctioned by any governing body with any credibility, simply to "settle a beef" that was invented with this exact intention.

boxing isnt wwe.

the difference between this and the shit talk ali came up with, is that people actually wanted to watch ali fight.

You see thats the problem, everyone in Boxing is a champion of something. I went to Boxing event once, and I'm sure I left as a champion of something.

What governing body has credibility? The British Boxing Board of Control? Who sanctioned Haye v Harrison? The Nevada State Athletic Commission, who let Mayweather fight despite the fact he reports to Prison in a few days for beating his girlfriend?

You say that Boxing isnt WWE, but there's a reason why Floyd Mayweather made $40 Million at the weekend and why Joe Calzaghe never made even close to that in his entire career. And there's a reason why Ali is regarded a the greatest of all time despite losing five times.

And you say people dont want to watch this fight, yet I'd say they'll get 25,000 into Upton Park and 400,000 buys on Sky Box Office at least.

You say that Boxing isnt WWE, but there's a reason why Floyd Mayweather made $40 Million at the weekend and why Joe Calzaghe never made even close to that in his entire career. And there's a reason why Ali is regarded a the greatest of all time despite losing five times.

He fought the greatest of all time in the greatest era of all time. And you cant really count his last three losses as real losses as he was riddled with Parkinsons at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Johnny Tapia dead, great fighter, very mixed up man. If anyone wants to read a fantastic boxing autobiography, his 'Mi Vida Loca' is well worth a look.

great win by Froch, twas worth the wait

Was indeed a great fight from an exceptional british fighter. But, whilst Ali and other greats were full of the big "i am" in their self-analysis, they had a twinkle in their eyes at the same time they were saying it, whereas, to me anyway, Froch just comes across as arrogant and a touch obnoxious.

He was at it today suggesting he'd eclipsed Calzaghe, Benn and Eubank. Which, whilst there's a case for him believing it, it's pretty crass for him to say it and I hope he's been misquoted as he's done a good job on his PR of late after coming across as pretty obnoxious in the earlier part of his career. After all, it's not as if he's going to go searching out a big fight after his win and needs to trash talk to generate interest.

Froch just comes across as arrogant and a touch obnoxious.

disagree with you there, he was on the TMS cricket show the day before and he came across as a nice bloke, compared to the likes of Haye, Chisora, and all the other boxers who talk smack day in day out. didn't once slag off bute before or after the fight, as far as it got with "trash talking" all he said was he was going to win. then again anyone can have those qualities you mention that come out without the people realising.

and for the bit about eclipsing calzaghe benn and eubank i believe that was reporters speculating/trying to put forward a case about it, not him doing that.

he wants kessler again from what he said anyway

• 1 month later...

Is this utter shit on TV tomorrow night?

its on box office as far as I'm aware. I'll maybe watch it on the free streams- if I am in, up, awake and sober. i certainly wouldnt pay for it.

Edited by t8yman