Boxing

Cardboard Box City

Chisora didn't do enough for the win - got into positions well but just didn't throw the punches. vitali deserved to win even if it wasn't spectacular.

however this overshadows everything really:

the klitschko's were having a good laugh but that's shocking behaviour from Haye and shouldn't have really happened. going to be an interesting few months.

Edited by lharris92

yep, supposed to be.

But it's really WWE in disguise, and as much of a sport.

UFC starting to get 'characters' now aswell.

I can kind of understand it to an extent,it does spike your attention I think and generate interest from the casual fans,which I would discribe myself as.

I think the question,as has become with all sports,is do the fighters want to draw money or be content with being champion or working towards that goal.

In a PPV industry taking on a 'character' or persona and running your mouth well draws major money,just look at Mayweather.Isn't he the top drawing PPV fighter of all time?No way would he of achieved that without his verbal skills and whipping people up into a frenzy.People will pay money to either see him have his mouth shut or to see him back it up.Either way he's drawing major $$$

people who are trained to beat the fuck out of people, behaving in such a way...?

the 'sport' is barbaric imo

There's been plenty of boxers over the years who have behaved impeccably out of the ring though.

Chisora seems a horrible chap though, and Haye isn't much better. Chisora's been arrested in Germany but they can't find Haye!

Its more than that... Its quite possibly criminal giving the betting element....

Haven't we just locked up crickets for a similar thing...

I guess a footballing equivalent would be something like Rooney telling his mates to bet on him scoring in the second half, and then deliberately missing a chance in the first half. He still has to score in the second half but missing on purpose for the benefit of friends and family in the first half would not go down well.

In other news

http://www.bbc.co.uk...mshire-17088977

What do you guys think about this?

Is it a punishable offence to deliberately not go for a knock out in round 4 just so you can knock him out in round 5?

I don't think its illegal. He had no money on the fight himself. Not knocking someone out is different to taking a dive.

Ali did it with Floyd Patterson and Ernie Terrell so its nothing new.

Theres an ethical issue with "carrying" a boxer though when they could/should be knocked out. If a fighter is ready to go, strangely, theres almost a duty of care from the other boxer to TKO them. Or at least dominate them so much that the ref is forced ti stop it.

I guess a footballing equivalent would be something like Rooney telling his mates to bet on him scoring in the second half, and then deliberately missing a chance in the first half. He still has to score in the second half but missing on purpose for the benefit of friends and family in the first half would not go down well.

I remember Le Tissier telling a story that he tried to kick the ball off at kick off as some of his mates had betted on an early throw in but the other team got the ball.

Edited by jump

There's been plenty of boxers over the years who have behaved impeccably out of the ring though.

Chisora seems a horrible chap though, and Haye isn't much better. Chisora's been arrested in Germany but they can't find Haye!

Lennox Lewis being one of them, he was great both in and outside the ring.

Unlike Chisora who's a shame for british boxing