Hard Rock Calling 2010

Guest chris1983

Well as I've said before HRC normally gets the Glasto headliners or second liners these days so watch out (although as said U2 might not be available), also with it being 30 year anniversary of Donington Rocks/Download you might find some massive bands in UK during that weekend, just hope they stay on for the Hyde Park event.

This may sound crazy but KISS might end up on the bill as they have big links with Hard Rock Cafe in London (Paul Stanley's Iceman guitar is there) so don't rule them out either.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as i know REM are not on tour. They're on studio.

I think Kiss are not an option already. They will play in Spain on june 25 and Belgium on june 27. It will be hard to come to UK on 26th, and they will tour UK in May.

I don't know when Guns n' Roses will launch the European tour but could be a possible headliner. But if i have to guess i'd say they will be headlining Download festival with AC/DC and Metallica (self confirmed).

Nobody said AC/DC at Download will be exclusive festival appearance or UK only appearance. Promoters would use this argument, believe me. According to their shedule they can only book more concerts in UK in the end of june. So i will keep dreaming... :P

Yeah, unfortunately R.E.M. are indeed in the studio ( and I don't mean unfortunately as in "Oh no, they're making MORE music?!" because I love R.E.M. :P ) so they're pretty unlikely.

When I read KISS there, I had a sudden "Bingo!" moment, but it's true that their dates make it pretty hard for them to be there.

U2 are nigh on impossible, unless Bono can break time barriers. Shame too, would be my #1 choice for headliner out of some of the options available.

Muse are rumoured to play Glastonbury, as are Coldplay, but I think both are unlikely due to the fact that Muse are already playing 2 huge dates in London this year, and Coldplay played last year so I think that would weaken ticket sales considerably and they wont want that.

G N' R... I'm not sure... I used to like them, but I've heard terrible, terrible things lately... It wouldn't be the worst choice, that's for sure.

Sure hope it isn't Fleetwood Mac anyway, I've seen them on so many "Worst gigs of '09" lists, that would be a total bummer.

Yeah, unfortunately R.E.M. are indeed in the studio ( and I don't mean unfortunately as in "Oh no, they're making MORE music?!" because I love R.E.M. :P ) so they're pretty unlikely.

When I read KISS there, I had a sudden "Bingo!" moment, but it's true that their dates make it pretty hard for them to be there.

U2 are nigh on impossible, unless Bono can break time barriers. Shame too, would be my #1 choice for headliner out of some of the options available.

Muse are rumoured to play Glastonbury, as are Coldplay, but I think both are unlikely due to the fact that Muse are already playing 2 huge dates in London this year, and Coldplay played last year so I think that would weaken ticket sales considerably and they wont want that.

G N' R... I'm not sure... I used to like them, but I've heard terrible, terrible things lately... It wouldn't be the worst choice, that's for sure.

Sure hope it isn't Fleetwood Mac anyway, I've seen them on so many "Worst gigs of '09" lists, that would be a total bummer.

Forgot to mention not only is it 30 years of Donington but 40 years of Glastonbury so it could potentially be a huge selection of headliners, as long as its not chord stingy Status Quo!

As for the Bon Jovi thing well to mix things up the Download rumours reported Cowboy Hats on Saturday - which could well be Bon Jovi, so don't rule anyone who says 'exclusive tour' out. Bruce Springsteen was exclusive to those tour dates but did Glasto and a cracking set for us!

Now to really mess things up apparently Neil Schon is keen to get Journey back into the UK asap as the terrible covers of Don't Stop Believing by X Factor and that US teen drama have made massive album sales across Europe for the much superior original.

Edited by staffsknot

Forgot to mention not only is it 30 years of Donington but 40 years of Glastonbury so it could potentially be a huge selection of headliners, as long as its not chord stingy Status Quo!

As for the Bon Jovi thing well to mix things up the Download rumours reported Cowboy Hats on Saturday - which could well be Bon Jovi, so don't rule anyone who says 'exclusive tour' out. Bruce Springsteen was exclusive to those tour dates but did Glasto and a cracking set for us!

Now to really mess things up apparently Neil Schon is keen to get Journey back into the UK asap as the terrible covers of Don't Stop Believing by X Factor and that US teen drama have made massive album sales across Europe for the much superior original.