Hard Rock Calling 2010

Guest chris1983

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my burd's taking me down to london for the weekend for my 30th. just going the friday to see pearl jam. i honestly dont mind who else plays that day as i;ve been waiting 17 years to see pearl jam BUT if any of afore mentioned grunge types played i think i would explode. even just soundgarden. cannot wait for pearl jam then out to fabric after!

Cheers Judy

Well last time it was the Glasto headliners but I'm unsure if HRC could afford U2. Would love someone like Them Crooked Vultures but as long as the line-up is up to the same standard as last year it will be great. Just holding off buying a Friday ticket on the off chance they do a full weekend ticket and the line-up is great!

Yeah, I had a feeling U2 might have been doing it BUT they have a date in America on the Sunday (I think), so I'd say it's very unlikely they'll do Glastonbury, then HRC, then travel back to America and play there. Otherwise, I think they would have been a serious possibility of being one of the headliners.

I'm racking my brains trying to think of who else there is really! I'm still thinking The Who, but other than that I'm not sure. There aren't as many "legends" on tour this summer as there were last year- Simon & Garfunkel, The Who, Bob Dylan all have shows/rumours of shows, but I'm just not sure!

I could see Them Crooked Vultures playing it too, that would be cool! Possibly supporting The Who! :P

I hope we get an announcement of at least one of the headliners soon anyway... :P

(Oh by the way - judyblue is a reference to a Crosby, Stills and Nash song (Suite: Judy Blue Eyes) ! In retrospect, it wasn't the greatest choice for a forum username!!!!! :P )

Soundgarden are rumoured to be at Download too, but the drummer will be off with Pearl Jam to their next dates, so it's unlikely they'll be at HRC! Paul McCarntey was heavily rumoured last year, maybe he'll make a return to London in the summer, that wouldn't be too bad...

I'm already booked up with flights etc (was getting pricier by the week). There's not much I wouldn't go to see, while I'm down there... unless it's like Bon Jovi. And if it is something, I'm sure I'll find something else to do!

Soundgarden are rumoured to be at Download too, but the drummer will be off with Pearl Jam to their next dates, so it's unlikely they'll be at HRC! Paul McCarntey was heavily rumoured last year, maybe he'll make a return to London in the summer, that wouldn't be too bad...

I'm already booked up with flights etc (was getting pricier by the week). There's not much I wouldn't go to see, while I'm down there... unless it's like Bon Jovi. And if it is something, I'm sure I'll find something else to do!

David Gilmour and AC/DC would be greatest as headliners. It would make a perfect festival.

I've some hope for John Fogerty too, and Billy Idol (he'll be on tour around Europe in the summer), but these not for headliners of course. They deserve but they can't.

Stone Temple Pilots would be welcome too. And personally The Cult and Iggy & The Stooges would make a valued line up for me.