Young'ns

Guest DannyVeti

Areeet, will be travelling down from newcastle for g10 in a car with few other 17 yr olds, just wondering are there at least a fair few people our age go down or is it just alot of the older generation? not expecting leeds festival or anything but just wondering :P cheers.

Hi

There will be loads of people your age.

But...wherever you go there will be a fair amount of 'olds.' You could shun them...but will be amongst them. I can almost guarantee, though, you will not have hundreds of surrogate parents nagging you. They will treat you with respect as a human being...and hope the same respect comes back.

The beautiful thing about Glastonbury is that, for most visitors to the Vale of Avalon, age is set aside as an issue. It's pot luck who you'll be camping next to (unless you have a group of 100 strong)

I did think this year there was a 'younger crowd' than 2008. I thought this was a really good thing. Many of my students come across as rather conservative. They make their choice of festival solely on the line-up, rather find a place where they can stretch their horizons.

The only thing that matters is exploring an amazing performance city...discovering new stuff...eating fantastic food and having experiences outside the normal comfort zone.

Since you're already coming, you already know this. If this is your first visit....I envy you.