**** U2 ROLLING STONES MUSE ****

Guest mike99

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion both Waters AND Gilmours voices (neither of which could be described as great rock voiced even back in the day) are both now shot to pieces.

Quite honestly I would rather see the fantastic Australian Pink Floyd (only 1 Aussie left in the band now). But then I'm biased as I have seen them 8 times and they NEVER fail to deliver nothing less than a great show.

Or even Pink Fraud in a smaller tent.

But as long as there is some Floyd music played live somewhere over the weekend - for me, the music of Floyd and Glasto go hand-in-hand.

Last year we had the amazing Easy Star All Stars giving us their brilliant dub take on DSOTM, and I was a happy bunny.

Floyd music for Glasto - you know it makes sense.

In my opinion both Waters AND Gilmours voices (neither of which could be described as great rock voiced even back in the day) are both now shot to pieces.

Quite honestly I would rather see the fantastic Australian Pink Floyd (only 1 Aussie left in the band now). But then I'm biased as I have seen them 8 times and they NEVER fail to deliver nothing less than a great show.

Or even Pink Fraud in a smaller tent.

But as long as there is some Floyd music played live somewhere over the weekend - for me, the music of Floyd and Glasto go hand-in-hand.

Last year we had the amazing Easy Star All Stars giving us their brilliant dub take on DSOTM, and I was a happy bunny.

Floyd music for Glasto - you know it makes sense.

This thread was to discuss how likely those acts would be to play. Rolling stones for Saturday because neil has almost as good as confirmed it. Muse because there wembley tickets have gone onsale very early and could be to do with Glastonbury. Im not saying its right but can we discuss what i ment for us to discuss in this thread. Thank you. Mike99

Isn't it about time the pyramid stage was replaced by another stage in the shape of a giant Q?

Yeh, one would be fine!!! However, I need to see the three of them sometime in my life, i just won't be complete if I dont!!!! Also, I just watched them at live 8 again. I seriously think I'd cry if they were at Glasto!!!! I'd probably be a blubbering wreck during their set lol, just seeing them at live 8 again got me chocked!!!!!

I thought Live 8 was a steaming pile of camel spunk until the Floyd came on, after which any subsequent spunk was purely down to me being over excited. They were brilliant and it gave me goose bumps.

I honestly cannot think of another act currently alive who I would rather see than Gilmour, Mason and Waters reunited.

as of now im leaving efestivals. Have a great festival people

so what are you people thoughts? do u think rolling stones for saturday

IF The Rolling Stones headline :P

Could be Sunday night like The Who ala 2007,

Or could be Sat night like Springsteen ala 2009,

(Ignore 2008 cos that was the Jay-Z Sat night & Verve Sun night)

& "..the young persons band that won't get Michael into trouble with the locals.."

If the 3rd headliner is an Indie type band like Coldplay/Radiohead/Muse (if not support to U2)

Could be Sat night or Sunday night :P

2007 Killers Sat night

2008 The Verve Sun night

2009 Blur Sun night

Confusing myself now! :P

IF The Rolling Stones headline :P

Could be Sunday night like The Who ala 2007,

Or could be Sat night like Springsteen ala 2009,

(Ignore 2008 cos that was the Jay-Z Sat night & Verve Sun night)

& "..the young persons band that won't get Michael into trouble with the locals.."

If the 3rd headliner is an Indie type band like Coldplay/Radiohead/Muse (if not support to U2)

Could be Sat night or Sunday night :P

2007 Killers Sat night

2008 The Verve Sun night

2009 Blur Sun night

Confusing myself now! :P