**** U2 ROLLING STONES MUSE ****

Guest mike99

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread was to discuss how likely those acts would be to play. Rolling stones for Saturday because neil has almost as good as confirmed it. Muse because there wembley tickets have gone onsale very early and could be to do with Glastonbury. Im not saying its right but can we discuss what i ment for us to discuss in this thread. Thank you. Mike99

Oh why am I even bothering - but for your benefit alone mike99 - here is a short lesson on titles.

example 1

title = **** 7 men fly to the moon in paper mache rocket ****

suggests = that 7 men flew to the moon in a paper mache rocket

actual body of post = wouldnt it be wierd if 7 men flew to the moon in a paper mache rocket

example2

title = **** U2 ROLLING STONES MUSE ****

suggests = confirmed headliners, leaked information that is nearly a certainty and is close to set in stone.

actual body of post = is "looks likely" "what are your thoughts" and has hardly any basis in fact.

example3

title = U2, Rolling Stones, Muse: what are the chances?

suggests = a discussion on the chances of all 3 playing

actual body of post = a discussion on the chances of all 3 playing (and without the need for capital letters and 8 astericks and without being misleading to anyone on the forums.

Lesson over. :P

rolling stones have almost been confirmed by neil

where the f**k have you got this from? :P:P

I've said nothing remotely like that, absolutely f**k all.

All I've said is that their rumoured tour dates now make the possibility of them playing Glastonbury greater than it looked previously, because previously it didn't look like they'd be on tour at Glastonbury time.

Makes me laugh people saying it's more or less confirmed the stones are playing cos neil more or less confirmed it...

Errrr... no he never. :P ...

Although, the stones seem likely, it could be and probably will shock us all again with the next announcements, ya never know.... "eavis says on gf theres more surprises to come (or words to that effect)...

But muse for sunday....ppffftttt.... hope not, dont really get the fuss with um...:P ...

where the f**k have you got this from? :P:P

I've said nothing remotely like that, absolutely f**k all.

All I've said is that their rumoured tour dates now make the possibility of them playing Glastonbury greater than it looked previously, because previously it didn't look like they'd be on tour at Glastonbury time.

i feel bad for contributing more scorn on poor Mikey99, but just a bit more and i'll stop...

one of my favorites of his is when he titles a post 'The Cure' - and then starts out by asking "have they ever played"? ... to be fair, he may be very very young, but still you can't possibly post something like that and then expect to be considered as a reliable source of knowledge about pending glasto bookings.

Mikey, sometimes a forum such as Efests can be just as much of a thrill by merely being a reader and learner rather than having a need to start a forum just for the purpose of the exciting anticipation of getting responses from others, rather than providing us with any valuable new researched or sourced info or thoughtful discussion topics.

i feel bad for contributing more scorn on poor Mikey99, but just a bit more and i'll stop...

one of my favorites of his is when he titles a post 'The Cure' - and then starts out by asking "have they ever played"? ... to be fair, he may be very very young, but still you can't possibly post something like that and then expect to be considered as a reliable source of knowledge about pending glasto bookings.

Mikey, sometimes a forum such as Efests can be just as much of a thrill by merely being a reader and learner rather than having a need to start a forum just for the purpose of the exciting anticipation of getting responses from others, rather than providing us with any valuable new researched or sourced info or thoughtful discussion topics.

Fairplay mike99 must have skin like a rhino.. coz most ppl would stfu and just hang about in the back ground if they were shot down as much as mike, but he keeps going the little trooper.... :P:P ...

Out of curiosity, how old is mike99?...

Why everyone gets so wound up with mike99 for i dunno, ok he might post and p!iss a few ppl off but come on, why do people get so wound up and be quite rude to him all the time, he's not hurting any fooker, why cant ya just take him with a pinch of salt and let it go over ya heads..

It's pathetic getting all wound up and getting ya heads up ya arses for nowt really, it dont really affect you if he says summat and it's not right does it? so fookong what, you all should be used to him by now and just take him with a pinch of salt instead of abusing the poor fooker all the time...

You can see the author of the thread on the board, you dont have to read mikes posts ffs...

Chill people.... :P