The U2 warm up threads

Guest The Nal

The Boss gave two fingers to Glasto last year IMO. As for The '2, saw them play 3 times in Croker and there was pretty much no difference to speak of between the three gigs. I would be HIGHLY suspicious of U2 deviating from their setlist that much for Glasto. It will be 90% similar to their current core show that they are comfortable with.

Bruce & Blur last time pretty much played their tour setlists at that time. It just so happened that Blur's tour setlist was as good as music gets. Can you imagine had Bruce played all of the Born to Run album at Glasto?

U2 will prolly start with the same 4 songs as they currently do/finish with Surrender and Ultraviolet etc. Youre not going to hear "Hold Me Thrill Me" or "Two Hearts Beat as One" lads!?!?!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more i think about their seltist, you may be right Wooderson! I cant see them opening with 'I Will Follow' or 'Elevation' just to get the crowd on their side! As much as I love 'Breathe' it is a totally underwhelming opening when you think of their previous tours! But i still dont think they will make a complete arse of the setlist, ala Springsteen last year, but I still dont think it will be a full on Greatest HIts Set, well not in the eyes of the casual fan anyway!

If they played 'Gloria' I think I would do a sex-wee on the spot! :P

The more i think about their seltist, you may be right Wooderson! I cant see them opening with 'I Will Follow' or 'Elevation' just to get the crowd on their side! As much as I love 'Breathe' it is a totally underwhelming opening when you think of their previous tours! But i still dont think they will make a complete arse of the setlist, ala Springsteen last year, but I still dont think it will be a full on Greatest HIts Set, well not in the eyes of the casual fan anyway!

If they played 'Gloria' I think I would do a sex-wee on the spot! :P

Looking forward to U2, but it's suddenly dawned on me that that venerable cowshed, the Pyramid stage, might need a bit of a makeover. U2 take stage overkill to a new level - and to me, that's a good thing - but the PS needs extra catwalks and stuff to be able to contain them.

Thoughts?

Looking forward to U2, but it's suddenly dawned on me that that venerable cowshed, the Pyramid stage, might need a bit of a makeover. U2 take stage overkill to a new level - and to me, that's a good thing - but the PS needs extra catwalks and stuff to be able to contain them.

Thoughts?

Well, this is the setlist from the night I saw them last summer...plenty of old classics (and the unforgettable fire....simply magnificent!)....I think the glasto set will have more than enough to keep fans of the old stuff happy...

Breathe

No Line on the Horizon

Get On Your Boots

Magnificent

Beautiful Day

Elevation

Stuck in a Moment That You Can't Get Out Of

Desire (Bono and the Edge acoustic)

The Auld Triangle

One

Until the End of the World

Unforgettable Fire

City of Blinding Lights

Vertigo

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Pride (In the Name of Love)

MLK

Walk On

Where the Streets Have No Name

Bad

---

Ultraviolet

With or Without You

Moment of Surrender

cant actually believe they're playing glasto - bit annoyed not got a ticket (will make do with paris / portugal instead)! *prays more go on sale at some point*

setlist wise - they'll just stick to whatever they're playing in america at around the time. they were fowking amazing at brandenburg gate the other week in berlin

arguably one of the biggest bands signed up for glasto ever - first festival show since what? 1987? people can bitch all they want about them playing, but eavis sure pulled the rabbit out of the bag here, def up with the boss playing playing last year on the coop scale

Edited by funkymp

Thought I'd bump this thread as I think it's the best one on U2.

I have borrowed and burned a few albums from a mate. The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, All That You Can't Leave Behind and No Line on the Horizon.

I'm sure I owned the Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby but I can't seem to find them. Top albums.

Thought I'd bump this thread as I think it's the best one on U2.

I have borrowed and burned a few albums from a mate. The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, All That You Can't Leave Behind and No Line on the Horizon.

I'm sure I owned the Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby but I can't seem to find them. Top albums.

Hopefully they'll edit that set something like this (with Bono silent in between)

Beautiful Day

Elevation

Angel Of Harlem

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Even Better Than The Real Thing

The Fly

The Sweetest Thing

When Love Comes To Town

Desire (Bono and the Edge acoustic)

Bullet The Blue Sky (without Bono doing his blindfold bit, urgh)

One

Until the End of the World

Unforgettable Fire

For The First Time

Vertigo

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Pride (In the Name of Love)

---

Stay (Faraway, So Close)

Walk On

Where the Streets Have No Name

Bad

---

Running to Stand Still

With or Without You

All I Want Is You

Unforgettable Fire is pretty amazing aswell LW - after Achtung Baby its my favourite U2 record.

90% of Rattle & Hum is also really really good. I'm also partial to the War album.

Just had a thought.

How's about all the U2 fans do a playlist on spotify (or nominate tracks and I'll do it) of the best stuff they've done post-Rattle & Hum. Then those of us who have been slagging them and are big enough to admit that they may be wrong (like me) can give it a whirl.

Any volunteers.

Just had a thought.

How's about all the U2 fans do a playlist on spotify (or nominate tracks and I'll do it) of the best stuff they've done post-Rattle & Hum. Then those of us who have been slagging them and are big enough to admit that they may be wrong (like me) can give it a whirl.

Any volunteers.