The U2 warm up threads

Guest The Nal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do we need multiple threads for everything?

I think they are self indulgent, and haven't released anything good in nearly 20 years.... they are however, one hell of a booking. Couldn't have booked anyone bigger, major crowd pleaser i would assume. I do applaud Eavis for getting them... however i don't think I'll be seeing them.

I'm not really a fan at all, but it is a HUGE booking let's face up - up there with getting Springsteen last year.

At the moment, I probably won't see them, but it depends on who else is on, and whether my girlfriend (from Dublin) comes, as that means I'll have to go see them

It's U2 at Glasto, not a U2 gig. It could be brilliant. Seen them a few times and always very good, but the Stadium gigs tended to be full of people who 'just had to see U2 once in my life' rather than music fans, or people who ACTUALLY like them. Hopefully Bono won't be TOO over the top, as this is the main point that grates with most.

I'm not really a fan at all, but it is a HUGE booking let's face up - up there with getting Springsteen last year.

At the moment, I probably won't see them, but it depends on who else is on, and whether my girlfriend (from Dublin) comes, as that means I'll have to go see them

About 12 years ago me and a mate went to Wembley Stadium for the PopMart show.

Neither of us were massive U2 fans and went on a 400 mile round trip still not decided on whether we were going to watch them or not.

When we got there the tickets were virtually worthless so we went in.

What followed was a mindblowing 2 and a half hours and the greatest stage show that has yet to be bettered (for me, of course).

So good we went to Roundhay Park in Leeds 6 days later and did it all again.

These guys WILL kick arse. I have no doubt.

Up to (and including some of) Rattle & Hum, U2 were great. Then they started slowly creeping up their own arses, became more pretentious and the music suffered badly IMO.

I'd be tempted to watch them if I thought they would be playing their earlier stuff, but from what I hear, their shows these days only have a couple of the early classics in. Don't think it will be worth standing around for a couple of hours listening to the crap stuff and looking at flags just to hear 1 or 2 great songs.

Up to (and including some of) Rattle & Hum, U2 were great. Then they started slowly creeping up their own arses, became more pretentious and the music suffered badly IMO.

I'd be tempted to watch them if I thought they would be playing their earlier stuff, but from what I hear, their shows these days only have a couple of the early classics in. Don't think it will be worth standing around for a couple of hours listening to the crap stuff and looking at flags just to hear 1 or 2 great songs.