Guest The Nal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argentina #3

Venue: Unico Stadium

Opening Act(s): Muse

Main Set: Return of the Stingray Guitar, Beautiful Day - Rain, I Will Follow, Get On Your Boots, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, Elevation, Until the End of the World, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Solo le Pido a Dios, Pride, Bad, In A Little While, Miss Sarajevo, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Funky Town - I'll Go Crazy (remix) - Two Tribes, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Scarlet, Walk On - You'll Never Walk Alone

Encore(s): One, Mothers of the Disappeared - Where the Streets Have No Name, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, With or Without You, Moment of Surrender

Bad :D

Argentina #3

Main Set: Return of the Stingray Guitar, Beautiful Day - Rain, I Will Follow, Get On Your Boots, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, Elevation, Until the End of the World, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Solo le Pido a Dios, Pride, Bad, In A Little While, Miss Sarajevo, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Funky Town - I'll Go Crazy (remix) - Two Tribes, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Scarlet, Walk On - You'll Never Walk Alone

Encore(s): One, Mothers of the Disappeared - Where the Streets Have No Name, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, With or Without You, Moment of Surrender

Argentina #3

Edited by daveinafield

They finally f**king played Bad!! :D:D

If I hear the opening bars of that song in June I'll probably just melt on the spot. Now they just need to drop Stay in there and it will be perfect.

Is there really that little a chance of All I Want Is You being played? Always thought that was a fantastic song

Indeedy!! Now if only they had gone straight into 'Babyface' instead of 'COBL'

Yeah... i'm asking too much... I know!

From what I remember you can count on one hand the amount of times it was played live in '93. I know it was played at the first Wembley shows but it wasn't in the setlist when they played at Leeds a couple of days later... and it wasn't in the setlist when they went back to Wembley a couple of weeks later. I've never heard it live so would be just a wee bit giddy if I hear it at Glastonbury

I can't see Zooropa making the list - Obviously its going to be played shortly; But they do like to rotate and do some back catalogue to the converted.. Glastonbury will be strictly greatest hits;- I hope bad will make the cut - I guess they will cut NLOTH tracks to about 3-4 , and pull out the crowd pleasers. I would bet on 'love comes to town' with BB king

and would like to see muse joining them for 'feeling good' as a payback for last year!

I can't see Zooropa making the list - Obviously its going to be played shortly; But they do like to rotate and do some back catalogue to the converted.. Glastonbury will be strictly greatest hits;- I hope bad will make the cut - I guess they will cut NLOTH tracks to about 3-4 , and pull out the crowd pleasers. I would bet on 'love comes to town' with BB king

and would like to see muse joining them for 'feeling good' as a payback for last year!

Edited by tevaburger

i was going to type just this earlier today but got distracted, but you beat me to it. would love to see it played, but the 120 mins on the BBC just doesn't seem like the day to play Zooropa. It is one of their greatest albums (Digi - one of the great things about you is your love for this album...even if you post annoying Barenaked Ladies vids, B) probably my least favorite act of all-time!) but not popular with the masses. Zoo Station would be a long-shot risk/possibility as it's from their 1st/2nd most recognizable album, but i can't see them breaking into Zooropa, as marvelous as that would be. loved the snippet though! and just catching up on the setlits. i'm optimistic for Bad. We'll get something 'special' besides when love comees to town

roll on april 17.

What are the chances of them playing;

Sunday Bloody Sunday

New Year's day

Where the Street's have no Name

With or Without You

Elevation

Desire

Bad

Thanks guys/girls

I personally think their set is going to be a disappointment, their egos are massive and they don't seem to 'get' Glastonbury. Combined with the 2 year's wait, anticipation and expectation will be massive. Sorry to be so negative, hopefully it'll be great!

What are the chances of them playing;

Sunday Bloody Sunday

New Year's day

Where the Street's have no Name

With or Without You

Elevation

Desire

Bad

Thanks guys/girls

I personally think their set is going to be a disappointment, their egos are massive and they don't seem to 'get' Glastonbury. Combined with the 2 year's wait, anticipation and expectation will be massive. Sorry to be so negative, hopefully it'll be great!