Looking to try out Soundwave Croatia 2010 - did anyone go this year or last?

Guest YourLocalGP

We hit EXIT this year and last year which was great, would recommend to anyone (although 2009 wasn't quite so blazingly hot) but looking to try something else in 2010. A friend sent over the link to Soundwave Croatia 2009, and it ticked all the right boxes. I can't find much about it online in way of reviews, so was hoping someone here might have gone along or heard about someone else's experience?

The website has now got a "2010 info coming soon" notice on it, so I guess license will be pending...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guardian.co.uk says:

"If you liked Bestival … you'll love Soundwave, Croatia

Set in a fishing village on the Dalmatian coast, Soundwave has all the quirks of a Bestival but in a far more beautiful, and sunny, setting (sorry Bestival). An inland amphitheatre for the bands, a beachside terrace for the DJs and Europe's best party boat make this one for sun-lovers. And for the real disco fans some events take place in the unreconstructed 70s glam of the circular Barbarella club."

Me and a friend have got our tix and a beach side apartment, now just keeping an eye on flights. Would be most convenient to fly to Zadar, but with Ryanair? Oh, the horror.

Does anyone have any info on the train from Split? Does it go from the airport and passes right by the resort? Any other money saving tips would be much appreciated.

We decided to plump for this festival because the only reviews I've heard so far have been glowing; that it's small, still up and coming, and a good vibe which may or may not go as the festival grows in popularity. The location looks super chilled with guaranteed sunshine, or at least warm, and who doesn't like partying on a beach? You may not know a lot of the DJs and performers on the line up, but it's good to be surprised.

• 1 month later...