What to expect

Guest Dannny

Well, I'm going to be going to Leeds in 2010, I've been to V Festival and had a great time, i've heard that Leeds has more twats there though, people just out to start fights, steal stuff and for the famous Leeds riots.

Fighting, stealing etc. is expected at all festivals, but what's the culture shock that I'm going to be getting when I go from V to Leeds?

Or can someone just sum up what I should expect compared to V?

I'll still be going, but i'd just like to know :unsure:

i`ve been to seven leeds festivals, and never had trouble, since the venue change.

there are still the odd troublemakers on the last night, the worst case i can think of was 2005 when the posts where kicked down and the police got charged, and a tent was set on fire whilst someone was in it. but its all isolated incidents, dont let it put you off. just do your own thing and you`ll have a great time dude. im not doing leeds next year, i didnt this year either, but im sure you`ll be fine!!!

Leeds is vastly different from V. However I've been to every fest at Leeds and not seen any serious trouble. You get a certain amount of idiots at both festivals but at Leeds there is less of a family atmosphere and you really need to keep your guard up at all times but if you keep your wits about you then you will be fine.

You will enjoy it, it's great fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I'm going to be going to Leeds in 2010, I've been to V Festival and had a great time, i've heard that Leeds has more twats there though, people just out to start fights, steal stuff and for the famous Leeds riots.

Fighting, stealing etc. is expected at all festivals, but what's the culture shock that I'm going to be getting when I go from V to Leeds?

Or can someone just sum up what I should expect compared to V?

I'll still be going, but i'd just like to know :D

I've been to Leeds 5 times, I was there in 2005 when there was pretty bad trouble if we're honest, but since then things have improved quite a bit and I'm certainly going again next year, love it!

As for security, there are threads and threads full of hints and tips on how to keep yourself and your stuff safe, if you take their advice you'll be fine.

• 3 weeks later...
I've been to Leeds 5 times, I was there in 2005 when there was pretty bad trouble if we're honest, but since then things have improved quite a bit and I'm certainly going again next year, love it!

As for security, there are threads and threads full of hints and tips on how to keep yourself and your stuff safe, if you take their advice you'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...