Weather thread 2010

Guest remote

to those saying it's going to be too hot - shut it! This is unacceptable behaviour, just because the heads of the party NRNC have left, this doesn't mean you can have a mutiny...shame on you

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK been shopping and the weather gods have been appeased with the half price purchase of a small umbrella a a a a

This as you know has two uses, first for the rain gods and also as a parasol type thing to keep the sun off my vast bulk.

Please note: The umberlla a a a will not be used in any crowded areas, I will not poke it at people unknowingly, I will not block peoples view with said item, I will not hold in the air twirling it like a mad man (although cider may mean I cant promise faithfully on that one, sorry)

In essence.. I will not be your usual umbrella a a a dick....

Well done my friends. Not once did I have to use the words F**k Off! When in the weather thread this year.

We wavered a few times but with the help of each other we pulled ourselves together to fight on. Never will you forget the faces of your brothers in arms. When were all grey and old we shall have a reunion and fondly talk of the time we were brothers in arms. Fighting and striving for our rights and our dreams.

I only wish I could have been there more. I had to watch from afar as you all battled with muchness courage and I salute you.

Well enough of that crap! I'm offski, see you in there for a victory celebration to cap all victory celebrations. :D

Edited by elbongo

Quelle Surprise I suppose, can't go for more than a couple of v.hot days without thunder storms being very much on the cards can ya !

Mind you, I really ought to be worrying about stuff that I can actually influence directly rather than stuff that will happen one way or another whether I like it or not ... stuff like will I have started packing and maybe even be all ready to go when the relevant time comes along to wander up to the old station tomorrow morning :lol:

Edited by mikeb

So not much to say about the weather..!

After 165 pages we got what was deserved. An ENTIRELY dry Glasto. First since 2003? Or were there a few drops even then?

I know there are some out there who will say it was too hot. If you were to offer me that weather for every future Glasto I'd bite your hand off.

It presented its own set of challenges compared to wet/muddy Glastos but they were much easier to counter i.e. drink lots of water, wear a hat etc.

I'm very glad it was dry, but for me, that was too hot. I burn very easily, spent £25 on sun cream and I still I sit here burnt to shreds. Don't get me wrong, it's far more enjoyable than being knee-deep in mud but if I was to be picky then I'd have wanted more cloud for the sun to hide behind. Sorry for sounding like a spoil-sport but I found myself VERY uncomfortable at times when I couldn't find any shade.

No rain. No compromise.

F**king WONDERFUL. Sorry to anyone who thought it was TOO much, but for your resident sun-lover here, that was absolutely tremendous.

And with that - I bow out of Glastonbury. WHAT a way to end it. Incredible. I hope future Glastos are slightly cooler for you all with more cloud cover, but this year was a TRIUMPH for the NRNC.

Well done to everyone involved.

Goodbye! :)

I saw less bands than usual due to the heat, but it was fantastic to have a dry Glastonbury. I'd much rather the hot/dry weekend we just had than a mud bath! I heard lots of moaning about the heat but maybe these people didn't go in 05/07 so they don't know how bad it can get.

No rain. No compromise.

F**king WONDERFUL. Sorry to anyone who thought it was TOO much, but for your resident sun-lover here, that was absolutely tremendous.

And with that - I bow out of Glastonbury. WHAT a way to end it. Incredible. I hope future Glastos are slightly cooler for you all with more cloud cover, but this year was a TRIUMPH for the NRNC.

Well done to everyone involved.

Goodbye! :)

So not much to say about the weather..!

After 165 pages we got what was deserved. An ENTIRELY dry Glasto. First since 2003? Or were there a few drops even then?

I know there are some out there who will say it was too hot. If you were to offer me that weather for every future Glasto I'd bite your hand off.

It presented its own set of challenges compared to wet/muddy Glastos but they were much easier to counter i.e. drink lots of water, wear a hat etc.

Really? Honestly?

I'm amazed. I mean, lovely not to have any rain, but did you not once think "I'd like to stand outside and watch such-and-such, but I have to get some shade"? Or "Great that this act is in the shade, but it's like a sauna in here, I can barely breathe"? Or "This combination of sweat and sunblock gives me the tactile qualities of a Pritt stick"?

Not to denigrate a fabulous Glastonbury, nor to be ungrateful for the dryness, but about 5 degrees cooler would have been much more comfortable, and left many of us with more energy for late night shenanigans.

Plus, if it had been cooler, then when Mardy met me for the first time, he might not have had to see me in just my pants.