Weather thread 2010

Guest remote

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Go Mexico!

Not that I'm anti-French. Like France, like the people I've met there. Just think that Domenech is a cnut and that the team are bunch of stroppy, cheating cheesemunchers who deserve to go out.

Anyway. The fact that Germany are playing so well and the French suck a runny arse means the weather system we created has some scientific basis. The worse the French are and the better the Krauts play the better the weather is. Which is OK as once Glasto is over it can piss buckets for me and the Kuntz can go out in the quarters.

Hier Kommt der Sonn, kleine Liebling?

Model output discussers (general) over on Netweather are infuriatingly unsure about whether to go with the EMC/Met Office models (stil pretty positive) or that Yank bastard** GMS, which insists on wanting to introduce Low Pressure into the SW (of all bloody directions!! :angry: ) late next week ...

**and remember to whom it was that the French sold Louisiana .... <_<

Edited by William of Walworth

Im old school as you know, and I've been waiting since 1995!!! for another prospect, as then, of a Glastonbury week with unequivocal, no room for doubts certainty of High Pressure dominance throughout the festival period.

Even in relatively positve-ish looking years like this one, with at least a fighting Teutinic chance of HP asserting itself in Desert Fox like, Rommel like style (early version!) and staying robust, every bloody year we're plagued with uncertainty and threat of late June Lows, the dreaded Atlantic, the much hated Southerly Tracking Jet reasserting itelf at just the wrong bleedin time.

For that to happen this year after a fortnight of generally excellent and very dry, very sunny weather, would be a tragedy!

Sometimes we're threatened with these bad boys and they don't come off, like last year and to an extent 2008 too. It may well happen next week this time that High Presure does stick around.

But please please please, for just one, one more year, make an old Glasto hand happy, weather gods, and give us near CERTAINTY from an early point (10th to 15th June?) and spare us these last minute nerves. It's perfectly possible synoptically (it's midsummer FFS!) to have a High strong enough and well positioned enough for weather people to KNOW it will stick around. 2011 anyone?

I vote for more Italian type weather (Italian as in most years, not perhaps in this one). Tuscan sunshine and blue skies for weeks on end. The British Summer and Glastofarians alike are damnned well OWED another 1995, or even 1989 (!), or at last 2003, big style.

Belissima!!

Edited by William of Walworth

Hi, I emailed the BBC Spotlight weather girls about the weather for Glasto and this is the reply. You will be pleased to hear that it does look like remaining settled right through next week. The trend looks to be for high pressure to remain in charge of our weather through the next 15 days or so, so for once it could be an entirely dry Glastonbury. Keep an eye on the latest forecasts though for up to date info.

Hope this helps.