Weather thread 2010

Guest remote

I remember last year well and that is exactly what happened, except I think we were even closer than this and ALL forecasts were saying "phew what a scorcher" then bang it changed to monsoon madness at the last minute, but as it turned out was not the washout that many predicted.

Just had a quick look at the 12z and it is broadly similar to the previous two, I say broadly because on the Saturday night we have this:

ukprec.png

Basically as it stands we would be lucky to get a completely dry festival, but with a bit of luck we could be mostly dry with a few showers, hopefully things like the above chart manage to miss us.

Keep everything crossed

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd normally pretty much believe good old metcheck in the last week to go as historically it's not been that far from reality. But the site's been screwed in one way or another for many weeks/months now and currently, half the forecasts are missing with those that do happen to be shown being full of *very* dubious data ! Wouldn't believe a single word of anything that happens to appear until such time as they get @rses well and truly into gear and sort out whatever the server/site issues are once and for all !

Edited by nellyt66

I think it's time to add some Lost style flashbacks to this weather thread- Here is the 2009 Weather thread from this precise time last year:

/index.php?showtopic=114131&st=1100">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=114131&st=1100

If only we could send a message back in time to them! Anyhoo, this time last year things were indeed starting to look up- disturbingly there is one weather run on the 18th June that correctly predicted a Thunderstorm on Thursday evening, however there was still much too-ing and fro-ing. From memory of glastonbury weather past, the trend seems to be that when we tend to have good weather predicted on the run up to the festival, then at the last minute the forecast turns to sh*te, almost as if to mock us for daring to dream. Also the weather thread seems to triple or quadruple in size at the last moment- tis truly a sight to behold!

this year is different old son this year its going to real nice :D and like others on this thread i also have brought wellies and fixed my water proof coat just so as i can throw them to the back of the tent and shout to the heavens TOLD YOU SO !!!! :P

HERE COMES THE SUN DDDD B)B)

I've used CNN Weather for some time and it always seems to be decent. It only offers forecasts 10 days in advance and the closest lace it forcasts for is Bristol but concerningly the forecast for the days leading up to the festival is showers.

Looks like the wait for my first dry festival will continue...

I've been checking metcheck and netweather daily for a few days and the weather forecast has not been the same twice - metcheck yesterday had no rain sat but all sun - cold but this is according to jackone on net weather due to the north winds - he also is predicting a colder outlook but with more rain than metcheck. That being said his forcast has improved over the past two days. It is so addictive once you start looking and only adds to the build-up but also can be depressing when all you see is rain.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/62625-glastonbury-forecast-2010/

*EDIT*

btw how good is it to now see the whole weekend forcasted with pictures :D must mean the fun is soon to begin