Weather thread 2010

Guest remote

This twist in the thread is alarming me. I'm not superstitious by nature but each "pro-rain" post reeks of tempting fate, especially with some of the (for want of a better word) "forecasts" bandied about so far.

If it pisses down all weekend I WILL come and hunt you all down. I know who you are. Grrrrr.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4assed monkey, I can assure you that I don't want loads of rain, just a little bit of cloud cover and not scorching heat! I promise not to do my rain dance between now and the festival! I was at the festival in 2007 where is constantly rained, it wasn't vey nice!

As you have seen, not everybody loves scorching hot weather!

Now, how about we make peace and be friends? B)

4assed monkey, I can assure you that I don't want loads of rain, just a little bit of cloud cover and not scorching heat! I promise not to do my rain dance between now and the festival! I was at the festival in 2007 where is constantly rained, it wasn't vey nice!

Some people never learn :(

Unless you were there in either 04, 05 or 07 or even if you remember 97 or 98 you will not truly understand the feeling some of us have against the r*** or more to the point the m**. :(:(

There is no excuse for anyone wanting r***. Its absolutely selfish beyond reason...

Also I am near sick of hearing that if the worst happens we will still have a good time crap! This is missing the point! Have a good time maybe so, maybe!

If it does not happen you will have an even better time. Why would you want for anything less?

Karma is in play here and a little faith too ( How you reinterpret this is your choice).

Be nice to all! Do your good deeds! Make others happy! And feel good in yourself. Keep the faith and have a better than good time! B)

Or else!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I've thought it through, and decided on my position on this.

No rain, no compromise.

However, constant blazing sun would be a compromise in my eyes.

I want a cooling breeze and the occasional cloud. I don't buy this "there must be no cloud just in case it brings rain" thing. That's compromise.

Let's have *nice* weather.

Just had my first visit to the 'weather thread'..

Stunning...

Look guys, it really doesn't matter.. relax..

Best quote I over-heard re Glasto... In London, on tube, week after Glasto mud fest (07..? Killers etc?)...

"oh you went to Glastonbury did you.. shit man, what about the weather eh..?!'

Reply...

"weather.??? weather..?? I didn't go for the f**king weather..!!!!!"

now THAT's the spirit..!!!

I don't know exactly what the weather is doing in the rest of the country right now. I suspect it isn't great. I am in Birmingham - anyone in my vicinity who thinks tempting the remotest possibility of rain is a good idea please look out of your window now and imagine being stood in a field in that.

In a short while I will leave the house and in the 3 yards to my car I will be drenched. At Glastonbury there would be no house, no car, and the dreaded sense of impending mud.

No Rain No Compromise - please don't weaken!

Some people never learn :(

Unless you were there in either 04, 05 or 07 or even if you remember 97 or 98 you will not truly understand the feeling some of us have against the r*** or more to the point the m**. :(:(

There is no excuse for anyone wanting r***. Its absolutely selfish beyond reason...

Also I am near sick of hearing that if the worst happens we will still have a good time crap! This is missing the point! Have a good time maybe so, maybe!

If it does not happen you will have an even better time. Why would you want for anything less?

Karma is in play here and a little faith too ( How you reinterpret this is your choice).

Be nice to all! Do your good deeds! Make others happy! And feel good in yourself. Keep the faith and have a better than good time! B)

Or else!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm happy to sign up to NRNC, like I imagine most of us on here and the great majority of the people who'll be getting excited about it now being ONLY 2 WEEKS AWAY. However, NRNC does not = wanting a scorcher. I was there in 1995 and all the years from there on in, including 1997, 2005 & 2007, and full on sun with no cloud cover at all isn't actually that much fun when getting frazzled.

Kl

Just had my first visit to the 'weather thread'..

Stunning...

Look guys, it really doesn't matter.. relax..

Best quote I over-heard re Glasto... In London, on tube, week after Glasto mud fest (07..? Killers etc?)...

"oh you went to Glastonbury did you.. shit man, what about the weather eh..?!'

Reply...

"weather.??? weather..?? I didn't go for the f**king weather..!!!!!"

now THAT's the spirit..!!!

JACKONE doing next full forecast this evening...lets hope that torrential bollocks has done one by then.

I am also in Brum today, got soaked on the way to work but happy to continue to go soaked for this week and next...provided thats it then NRNC

Edited by gibbo13

Another Brum worker here.

And yes - it's pretty damn grim today. As it was yesterday morning. Sorry, but anyone who thinks the prospect of this SHITE is anything other than terrifying needs to have their head looked at.

'Light drizzle' is not acceptable. Clouds - in general - are not acceptable. NOTHING OTHER THAN SUN is acceptable.

If anyone thinks that they are, they're just being selfish. You've had your rain you complete weirdos - let us sun-lovers have our ONE weekend of appropriate, necessary HOT conditions.

Apparently its all to do with the jet stream which is pulling low pressure our way.

This should shift pre-Glasto as its current position is way south than normal - i'm crap with links but if anyone can put one in for the jet stream, it may explain what i'm talking about.

all this talk about r**n must stop !!!!!! :angry:

http://www.festivalnews.co.uk/2007/05/glas...forecast-2.html

we wont know properly for another week but who ever said about it being fun in the r**n is talk a load of verbal diarrhoea .they should try doing the 6 days with a dodgy ankle old sons .

or are they the fri to sat crew :P

Another Brum worker here.

And yes - it's pretty damn grim today. As it was yesterday morning. Sorry, but anyone who thinks the prospect of this SHITE is anything other than terrifying needs to have their head looked at.

'Light drizzle' is not acceptable. Clouds - in general - are not acceptable. NOTHING OTHER THAN SUN is acceptable.

If anyone thinks that they are, they're just being selfish. You've had your rain you complete weirdos - let us sun-lovers have our ONE weekend of appropriate, necessary HOT conditions.

93,94,95 were UNBELIEVABLY hot

in fact, during the manics gig of 94, the very brief sprinkling of rain was a relief, it was that hot

still, those glory days seem a dim and distant memory, but at least it used to be hot

:ph34r:

Edited by Langdale Wolf