Alchemy festival 17th - 19th Sept 2010

Guest Alchemy Festival

38419_1346919119024_1412678519_30800253_4320747_n.jpg

Alchemy festival 2010 will be 17th - 19th Sept!

Some pics here - Melosa

Trouble and Mischief

Nought Point Sevens

Wobbly squadron

Sambalada

New groove formation

Jon Gomm

Elephant talk

Wild P Hucker

Autohype

+ Many more tbc - Including Sat headliner!

Liberty Stage

Beans On Toast

Floutatious

Ruth Theodore

Laura Jenkins

Ragati String Band

Nimming Ned

Pan

Zook

Das Contras

Jon Gomm

Elephant talk

New groove formation

Merlins Keep

+ Many more tbc.

Mushroom stage

Eat Static

Oood

Banco De Gaia

Hedflux

Wobbly squadron

Subsource

Zetan Spore - Aardvark

Sunfish

Liquid Ross

Ed Tangent

Lorraine DJ - Psyloscybe tribe/Sunrise

A dominant species

Knob jockeys

Psy-clone - The badgers Ball

Kaplick

Joy Circuit

The London Underground

Honkey Dub

Lunarsonic

Terra Nine DJ

Mary Miss Fairy

Prognosis

Paul Bacon

Ade

Tom Beard

Decor by Ninch, String theory and others!

+ Many more tbc.

Kaplick Solar Stage

Floutatious

Mim Suleiman

http://www.myspace.com/jayterrestrialchezney

Poppy Tea Room

The Defekters

Handshake

The Defecters

Twisted Routes

Opas Live

Slide Tim

Doug Peters

Sam Copsey

Mental Block

Astrodruid

captain Hotknives

Skiprat

Gypsy Fire

Handshake

Wobbly Squadron

Deffered Success

Slide Tim

Eskimo Fires

Gypsy Fire

+ many more tbc.

Psychedelic Breakfast Crew

* DJ Ascent

* Lloyd Positivitist

* Keith Fox

* Wayne Psybase

* Monster

* DJ Bones

* PsyCandy - (Matt G, B2B with Fuzzy Logic)

* TC accompanied by Layor MC

* DJ Vagabond

* Wylie

* TJ

* Nose

* Wayne Smart

* Chemical Kev

* Will Power

* Zebadee

* Emma 'Cheekybeats' Worrall

* And many many more........

Undertone Stage

* Jakwob

* Vibronics

* Fused Forces

* Counter Action Soundz

* The Inkrument

Loads Loads More.

Guaranteed good vibrations for a whole weekend.

Thats 6 fully programmed areas + randomness!!

Tickets:

Adult - £60

Under 18 - £12

Family - £140

Car parking £8

Campervan/caravan £20

Some workshops include:

Buzzy Beatz - music dome

Play real instruments show your skill or try something new fromhandpercussion to Harp to guitar or drum kit make some music / noise !!!

Make your own instruments out of junk and learn some music from around the world

6.30 come and calm your little ones down with song and story time for the under 5ish

38210_1535328026958_1347564224_1410885_7593157_n.jpg

37743_1535329626998_1347564224_1410896_3572651_n.jpg

Pixie Works

Get messy with naughty pixie crew in their cosmic community yurt. All weekend we will be sharing our autonomous art space from 11 - 7 each day, so come n av a go if u fink ur art enuff! We have crazy clay, chaos painting, craft materials, pedal power and many instruments so you can get in the groove. Come and do as you wish with love and respect, just chill or get dancing with the pixies!

Pixie Works came together to promote positive power of community. Our team began in Rotherham, South Yorkshire as a response to the need for alternative and traditional skills and in order to live a more balanced lifestyle in harmony with our natural environment. From a cold damp dank flat above a cop shop came the idea to learn old skills and find alternative ways to have a positive impact on our home town and wider world.

We now provide a magical friendly space in our 16ft community yurt handcrafted by our own team of pixies. It is the aim of our crew to bring people together to share ideas and skills and to work to preserve and protect our earth and our culture. Workshops include; chaos painting, crazy clay, green woodworking, rug making, film showings and much more all supervised by our positive pixies!

Come and enjoy our cosmic community space, relax to some sweet sounds, watch a film in the evening or better still dance your self silly to some funky beats!

Proudly presenting to you,

The excellent Naughty Pixie Crew!

We come from over yonder, ye ol Rotherham town,

Where we’re creating alternative ideas to stop people feeling down.

Our concept is simple, natural and good,

Recycling, reusing, materials and wood.

We’ve created a cosmic alternative space,

Honestly it’ll put a smile on any face!

Our community spirit is what we’re into,

Self sustainable ways and sweet sounds too!

Our aim is to inspire each glorious soul,

To show everyone DIY living is an achievable goal.

If we can share our energy, knowledge and life,

Together we’ll end all trouble and strife.

And live in harmony with our beautiful earth,

Giving back what we take for all it’s worth!

http://pixieworkscos...s.blogspot.com/

Wood Flower workshop

Hazel Flower Making Workshop

Watch a hazel flower being made with drawknife and shaving horse, sit on a woodland stool and paint the flower you just saw being made!

In this Yorkshire Hurdles workshop you can be part of filling the festival with flowers, and take one home with you.

Drop in or stay all day!

28642_1439271625608_1347564224_1170179_5521770_n.jpg

Please see website for the most up to date info. - www.alchemyfestival.co.uk

Edited by Alchemy Festival

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQR4YZWuqp8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQR4YZWuqp8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQR4YZWuqp8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQR4YZWuqp8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQR4YZWuqp8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQR4YZWuqp8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The cat outside the beer tent...he just has to be booked again, we sat there for hours watching people wander along, notice the cat and fall about giggling...what a deud!!!

Psy brekkie have to come back and a few bogs/water in the camper field and I will be most happy..

Coldplay and Radiohead for the main stage please. Maybe U2, if St. Boner hasn't got a world to save that weekend.... :lol:

Only joking! More food outlets, as has already been said, a decent coffee outlet especially (there was a great all fair-trade/organic one at Solfest if I can somehow remember their name.

A bigger tent for the main dance acts might be required if you sell more tickets. If the capacity stays roughly the same or not much bigger then shrink the size of the arena field.

Water point and more toilets in campervan field.

Eliminate as much animal dung from all areas as possible.

Good effort for a first time from the beer tent and as they sold out of ale, cider and most softies by Sunday evening I assume it was a commercial success for them - but next year make sure they bring more (or enough) of everything!

Drum workshops and poetry reading in as close proximity to each other as possible. This is a blueprint, I think, that all future festivals should take a look into... :lol:

A programme

More and better lighting in main throughfares and public areas, especially around the loos, as, let's face it, having a dump after dark was nigh on impossible! :rolleyes:

Urinals

Same toilets

As much as has been written about the acts this year, always feel that you should try and have as many new and different ones every year as possible.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

I would echo much of that and more

There is a great food place on the circuit called Weirdigans that may be free next year :rolleyes:

http://www.weirdigans.co.uk/

Toby, I have been writing up how I saw the site. I do it at all festivals I go to, just for my information btw. Would you like a copy? At the moment I would think a bit of a shift around in the arena, some seating areas etc, but drawing everything in. Your arena size could easily accomodate twice your licence size and still feel empty :rolleyes:

Also, when you are ready send me some flyers and posters.

All in all a bloody good effort mate. You should be proud :lol:

All the above points and more will be sorted for next year!

On packing up this year I discovered strings of lights that I knew we had paid for but never got put up :angry: so that bit was nearly sorted this year, also Had a big pile of wood that never got put near the fire pits, just ran out of time :lol: Sorry about that!

Have learned lots and can definitely make Alchemy better next year!

Ok

More seating in the arena

More food as has been said,

More Bins please,

Toilets sign posted for us blinder peeps,

Defo quiet area for the kids, as we did have a complaint. Well I say a complaint, somebody shouted for us to be quiet but we did not hear them. However I dont think they knew where the quiet area was so there daughter would not sleep.....(well done Rufus)

Beer prices to be frozen and more of it.

Program

and lastly

Weather please!!!!!!

Bands

Lorraine back please!

Zetan Spore Back please (such nice blokes)

Psychedelic breakfast back please

Otherwise fantastic first event and will be there next year! :angry: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by strudders

I think I mentioned in the subforum about how blessed we were with the weather.With the main indoor tents being more dance orientated had the weather been wet I would have been soaked to the skin or stuck in the bar with the horrific fake greenfairy! Can we have some sort of sheltered place for "real" music? :angry:

At one point we had to abandon a game of scrabble (when I was winning!) because the music changed and was way too loud to stand! (yes, I do know I'm old!)

Other than the food, the lighting, bins and running out of that lovely cider which have been mentioned I have nothing to add. I loved the line up and know you'll do us proud next year :lol:

Best festie of the season for me!

This year lots of the bands didn't get to play or had been moved without knowing, all my mistake for not having stage managers! Will have it sorted next year!

Believe it or not Alchemy has been nominated in the UK festival awards, prob wont win anything but if you would like to vote you can!

Hope to see you all at Alchemy 2010!

• 2 weeks later...

Early bird tickets to Alchemy are now on sale here - Etickets

Priced as follows:

Adult - £50

Under 18 - £10

Family includes 2 adult and up to 3 under 18 - £118

As you can see I have reduced teen tickets and introduced a family ticket to try make Alchemy even more family friendly.