World Cup Games?

Guest Pierce1991

You'll end up missing lots of the festival if you leave the site beacuse it's a long walk to and from the car plus travel and traffic but fear not I'd fully expect popular games to be shown somewhere. When I watched the lions it was 8am and England played on the Thursday night. I not sure what would happen if England played at 8pm on Saturday night?

They showed the Lions v South Africa game this year on a big screen next to the Kings Head so no doubt there are plans in the pipeline for world cup but do you really want to waste all that time? Think about what you could be missing!

They showed the Lions v South Africa game this year on a big screen next to the Kings Head so no doubt there are plans in the pipeline for world cup but do you really want to waste all that time? Think about what you could be missing!

Just wondering, i'm coming from Ireland and I know the England games will probably be shown but I dont want to miss the Irish ones, will there me a WC tent or something?

Erm .... surely firstly they have to qualify. Am incorrect in thinking it's looking unlikely?

As far as I'm aware, I think it's unlikely that the festival will provide any coverage of games other than the English ones - I believe these get shown to avoid the chaos that would be caused by perhaps tens of thousands of people leaving site to go to pubs in the area to watch the game, and then them coming back again.

There might be a tent somewhere that shows other games, tho it's not likely to be anything to do with the festival.

Oh come on, it's only a maximum of two England games! That's 180 minutes in total over a 5 day period. Hardly going to ruin my whole Glastonbury experience. My wife will probably spend longer than that looking round the stalls. (Sorry, can't bring myself to say the horrible 'shopping' word - damn! I just did).

It's not a question of choosing football over Glastonbury, people can enjoy both.

Kev

I can't believe anyone who goes to Glasto is actually concerned about football,rugby or anyother sport while they are there. Personally i support my local team and my country whenever they play, but when i get to Glasto i could care less about a bunch of multi millionaires twating a piece of air filled plastic around a field. I'm not one of the ''Glasto is about this'' or ''it's about that''. But i do know it isn't about football,rugby,ten pin bowling or god save us crown green bowling.So forget about whatever you support for 5 days get pissed,stoned and be happy you're not at work.

Here's the situation:

Weds, Thurs, Fri - final matches in the group stage

Sat, Sun - first knockout matches

My educated guess is that if England's group match is on Weds or Thurs, they'll show it on the pyramid screens. If it's on Friday, they won't.

Then for the knockout match... much trickier to predict. I'm guessing it won't be shown, but I could be wrong.

Ireland, if they qualify, I guess won't get the same treatment.

The kick off times are 3:00pm and 7:30pm. I guess from Friday onwards, it's more likely that the earlier schedule is disrupted by showing a match, than the later one.

Working out the time difference has reminded me that before Glastonbury, we're going to put the clocks back, and then forward again in Spring. It's bloody ages off.

Well said Elliot, I love both as well and I know people will think I'm mad but tbh it's the world cup! It only comes around every 4 years and for any football fan its a big thing and unless there's penalties it will only go on for 2 hours, so surely that can't hurt and I would have thought they'll do the same thing as the did with the rugby this year and show it in the william green area or something.