benicassim 2010

Guest rosiefox

Hi there. Glad I found this website, it's been really helpful so far.

I fly out this Sunday at 16:50 from Dublin, actually gutted I might miss all of the World Cup final but I might make it for a bit.

One question I have that doesn't seem to be covered: My girlfriend will have a big suitcase with her, is there anywhere she can leave it safely or will she have to take it with her?

I'm a little worried about some of the numbers you guys have been throwing around spending wise too! We're bringing about 400 euro each, but we're going to Salou for a few days afterwards. I hope we don't run out!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, just a quick question regarding alcohol. Is there a limit on the amount allowed into the camping area? Also is there a ban on glass bottles? And finally, does the Lidl beside BeniCamp usually run out of alcohol by the end of the festival, i.e. should we stock up or would it be possible to just use Lidl throughout?

Thanks!

I'm in a win-win situation. I'm dutch so I want the Netherlands to win. But if they lose, there will still be an amazing party! (watching the game in Barca.)

I still prefer Holland to win though. ;)

and if you are heading to Benicamp, be warned it is a very long walk with your bags and stuff from the festival site where you have to get your wrist bands, but keep going because it is worth it at the very end, its so much better than the other camp, its worth the effort, just for the shade!

Last year i dont remember seeing anyone getting stopped for having too much drink or glass bottles so unless the rules have changed, i'll be very suprised if they have though.

lidl would run out of certain things by the late afternoons each day but generally they weren't too bad and would take deliveries every day if i remember rightly. i'd deffo recommend the fake desperado's and spanish cider in a glass bottle with a champagne style cork from lidl. both so cheap and tasty.

if theres a group of you, club together and buy a cool box and keep it topped up with bags of ice. so good for keeping stuff ice cool in the sweltering heat (especially the sub 1 euro litre bottles of ready made sangria! also from lidl heaven).

tbh theres plenty of shops and supermarkets round town, they're all fairly well stocked. (just dont pick a fight with the security on the way out of them like one stupid lad did)

and if you are heading to Benicamp, be warned it is a very long walk with your bags and stuff from the festival site where you have to get your wrist bands, but keep going because it is worth it at the very end, its so much better than the other camp, its worth the effort, just for the shade!

hopefully there wont be any wind storms this year like last year for you guys! the festival its self was not my cup of tea (spoilt by glasto) which is why im not returning, but staying in Barca for a night either side of the 9 day camping in beni...overall it was a cracking holiday. im sure it'll be a ball.

Edited by DJH_NUFC

Hi there. Glad I found this website, it's been really helpful so far.

I fly out this Sunday at 16:50 from Dublin, actually gutted I might miss all of the World Cup final but I might make it for a bit.

One question I have that doesn't seem to be covered: My girlfriend will have a big suitcase with her, is there anywhere she can leave it safely or will she have to take it with her?

I'm a little worried about some of the numbers you guys have been throwing around spending wise too! We're bringing about 400 euro each, but we're going to Salou for a few days afterwards. I hope we don't run out!

Anyone booked train tickets with renfe?

If so do they actually send you tickets or do you just print something off?

Looking to book return tickets as our planned transport has let us down so was just wondering if i booked now would they arrive in time. any help would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou

Looking to book return tickets as our planned transport has let us down so was just wondering if i booked now would they arrive in time. any help would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou

I've updated my clashfinder with the Pista JD tent. Hope it's of some use to yous. I'm leavin tomorrow to fly to Barcelona :D Have a safe journey y'all and have fun! I don't want to see any moany bastarts when i get back on here in 2 weeks time!

Benicassim2010Clashfinder.jpg

Thankyou

bit of advice needed

i am heading over with a mate and we are gettign our tickets through a band that are playing at the festival however the tickets wont be there until the thursday as the band arent arriving till the thursday, are we able to get into the campsites? and if not is it possible to camp anywhere else like the beach etc?

Ta for the rail site, very helpful! Is it very pricey in the festival - not sure if we are going to camp much this time as we have an apartment, but were thinking of putting up one tent to go have a chill and a few cheap beers! good idea?

Cheers sprostongreen! I'm definitely taking your clash finder with me!

I read they have water fountains at the venue. Is it drinkable?

And by that I mean: drinkable for people who are not used to the regular Spanish water.

Cause from what I've understood, it's best not to drink out of the taps in Spain.

Edited by -Olga-

they do have taps at the arena...about 2 only though that i can remember.

as for whether its drinkable, health wise i drank some everyday last year and it had no ill effects on me, although i do have quite a strong stomach, other people may not be so lucky. As for taste though, for me it was nearly undrinkable, very nasty taste and very warm aswell! but its either that or shelling out 2.50 everytime you want a slurp. both being pretty nasty to swallow.

Edited by WEBBERdrum

Getting excited now, fly out tomorrow!

Just hoping I've enough spending money. Me and my girlfriend will be bringing roughly 800E between us but we've got three days in Valencia and three days in Salou as well (hotels are paid for). It's the travelling I'm worried about!

upandout, I'll be the fat-ish fella with a beard and a girl attached to his hip :lol: See ya there.

Edited by BeardedWilly