benicassim 2010

Guest rosiefox

Hey!

A friend and I are renting a car from Alicante airport on Tuesday 13th July (at 21.30) to drive down to Benicassim.

We have 2 spare places if anyone wants to join and split the cost? Will work out a lot cheaper than getting the bus.

We'll be going back to Alicante airport on Tuesday 20th - to arrive for about 14.00.

If you're interested (in both legs or just one way) please email me: anna_1uk@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks!... looking forward to the festival :)

Anna

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you know you cannot just get on a train like you can in the uk. You will need a ticket and if tickets are all booked up you will find yourself waiting for one that isn't.I tried doing it in 2006 and found myself stuck at barcelona sans for 12 hours.

Cannae wait now, fly at 6.40 in the morning from Brum.

Well played on the hotel! Camping was a lot tougher than last year! or maybe on im starting to get on a bit. Agree with you on the bands/dj's. Caught a dj called joris voorn? 5-7am played a blinding set.. Two door cinema club were class, was dissapointed with what i saw of courteeners. Prodigy was absolutley fooking mental! wasnt far off the front for that..

Thought it was amazing, my best one yet. Although that was probably more to do with the crowd of people i was with. Most of the bands/dj's i saw were on top form. Courteeners were utter baws, Dizzee was rubbish, Vampire Weekend(what i saw of them) looked average and should not have headlined and Gorillaz just aren't my thing at all. I didn't camp so that makes it much easier to deal with the heat, sitting by the pool with a bear and an a/c room with a bed at night :P

Monday and Tuesday night we spent down the beach and had a right laugh with loads of other randoms with guitars and bongos. Monday Tuesday was possibly the drunkest night of my life, i left my fav cons, belt, hat, sunglasses and broke my camera :( Wednesday we nearly got chucked out of Bonterra for making too much noise!! We'd had such a great time and the festival hadn't even started yet.

My highlights were Boys Noize, Mumford & Sons, Japanese Popstars, Two Door Cinema Club, Skream, Ray Davies, Alex Under, The Cribs, The Prodigy, Kasabian and Calvin Harris. Saw a few other folk but can't remember who they were. Wasn't going to go back next year but might have to after the fun we had this year! I'm sure there will be folk who hated, but that's the way it goes!

The atmosphere was great on the main site this year.It was a little empty compared to previous years but thats just more space for everyone else to move above. Festival highlights for me were Ray davies, Peter Hook, PIL, Gorillaz, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Specials and Charlotte Gainsbourg. I was pissed I missed the cribs. The festival dropped a huge bollock with the benicamp/villacamp situation this year. Villacamp was half empty and the atmosphere in benicamp just wasn't the same due to them cornering off half of it for villacamp. I agree with sproston in that an apartment makes much better sense.If I do go back again I will most certainly get an apartment.

First visit to Benicassim and hopefully will not be our last!!

I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere around the site and the mix of nationalites, everyone was really friendly and not a hint of trouble anywhere. Highlights for me were The Prodigy, Leftfield, Ian Brown,Midnight Juggernauts and Hot Chip. Only downside was the cost of drinks in the site.

We stayed in an apartment in Oropesa because we left it to late to get sorted in Beni. Would make sure we got an apartment in Beni if went again,too old to camp in that heat now.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone stay in villacamp? I stayed in benicamp, and thought about getting villa camp tickets, but I couldn't tell what the difference was and never actually saw it when I was there. What was the difference? Was it worth 65 euros?

• 10 months later...