benicassim 2010

Guest rosiefox

Hey who's going to the ALL GOOD FESTIVAL?! I heard it's epic because the stages are close together and there's multiple bands playing at the same time! Some of my favorites are going to be there like Widespread Panic, Umphrey's, and of course Bassnectar!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is there no excitement for benicassim this year, Last year was my first and god did i have a good time thus making me ditch my girlfriend again for a week in the sun, every day i would see something new to read about it on efestivals it was so cool, but this year you can go days with no comments seems to be no buzz. The lineup thing seems to have died fairly quickly, dont think it is tto bad no worse than last year. Im excited 2 ways going to festival then 2 days at port aventura, hoping everyone else is excited.

On another note not sure im too bothered about vampire weekend watched them on the big weekend, bit boring really hoping they come out better when watching them live and having a drink.

Is it just me or is there no excitement for benicassim this year, Last year was my first and god did i have a good time thus making me ditch my girlfriend again for a week in the sun, every day i would see something new to read about it on efestivals it was so cool, but this year you can go days with no comments seems to be no buzz. The lineup thing seems to have died fairly quickly, dont think it is tto bad no worse than last year. Im excited 2 ways going to festival then 2 days at port aventura, hoping everyone else is excited.

On another note not sure im too bothered about vampire weekend watched them on the big weekend, bit boring really hoping they come out better when watching them live and having a drink.

Has BeniCamp been replaced by 'VillaCamp' ? http://fiberfib.com/en/news/villacamp-new-camping-area/

If so little bit annoying....cos I was well up for going there and would now have to pay 65 euros....I mean who is going to pay 65 euros each on top of festival ticket.....? :P

The way I see it, CampFIB will be buzzing with everyone shifting to there....going to be amazing!!

Has BeniCamp been replaced by 'VillaCamp' ? http://fiberfib.com/en/news/villacamp-new-camping-area/

If so little bit annoying....cos I was well up for going there and would now have to pay 65 euros....I mean who is going to pay 65 euros each on top of festival ticket.....? :P

The way I see it, CampFIB will be buzzing with everyone shifting to there....going to be amazing!!

Looks to be true

http://fiberfib.com/en/useful-info/camping-areas/

Absolute f**kin bollocks! Anybody turning up later than monday morning, will more than likely have to pay 65 euros on top to camp.

There are going to be alot of pissed off people. Benicamp(bonet) was defo the campsite of choice for most people, they are not going to be happy at having to pay 65 euros for the priveledge of staying there. Not only that, it was a tight enough squeeze on campfib as it was last year, if its the only free campsite there its about to get a whole lot tighter.

Its an absolute disgrace. I really fail to see how they can justify charging an extra 65 euros for something that has always been free, whether it was called bonet or benicamp. All they have done is renamed it Villa Camp! Id expect massive overcrowding at CampFib, and surely anyone arriving after monday wont have choice but to pay the €65?

Below is an email i received from the ever helpful people at Fiberfib...

Hello ******:

Well that´s the way it is.

You can find all the info in the web site.

www.fiberfib.com

Kinds regards.

Fib Heineken team.

Sir/Madam,

After checking the Benicassim official website, i must say, i am disgusted in discovering you will now have to pay 65 euro's to camp at a site that has always been free.

The tickets are advertised as camping tickets with festival access, but now you are charging people extra. I fail to see how that is fair.

I do realise there is Campfib to camp, but every year i have been (i have been 5 years running) it has become full within the first day.

Me and my girlfriend cannot get there until the wednesday, due to work commitments and now learning we have to pay another 65 euro's has put serious doubts in our minds. Thankfully we have checked the website. I cannot imagine how angry people will be when they turn up and find out this news once they're there.

The ticket, flight, transfers, spending money all adds up, and when it is advertised as free camping when you buy the ticket, it really doesn't make sense to me why you are charging more for camping.

A response to this email will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Below is an email i received from the ever helpful people at Fiberfib...

Hello ******:

Well that´s the way it is.

You can find all the info in the web site.

www.fiberfib.com

Kinds regards.

Fib Heineken team.

Sir/Madam,

After checking the Benicassim official website, i must say, i am disgusted in discovering you will now have to pay 65 euro's to camp at a site that has always been free.

The tickets are advertised as camping tickets with festival access, but now you are charging people extra. I fail to see how that is fair.

I do realise there is Campfib to camp, but every year i have been (i have been 5 years running) it has become full within the first day.

Me and my girlfriend cannot get there until the wednesday, due to work commitments and now learning we have to pay another 65 euro's has put serious doubts in our minds. Thankfully we have checked the website. I cannot imagine how angry people will be when they turn up and find out this news once they're there.

The ticket, flight, transfers, spending money all adds up, and when it is advertised as free camping when you buy the ticket, it really doesn't make sense to me why you are charging more for camping.

A response to this email will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Edited by edisonic

Surely if they’ve sold tickets that say free camping then they’ll have to have enough free camping space available, it’s gonna be bedlam if they try telling people who turn up that the free camping is full and they have to pay €65! Maybe CampFIB is bigger this year!??

Surely if they’ve sold tickets that say free camping then they’ll have to have enough free camping space available, it’s gonna be bedlam if they try telling people who turn up that the free camping is full and they have to pay €65! Maybe CampFIB is bigger this year!??

This is, without question, a disgrace. I have an apartment for the festival (yeah, pathetic I know but just too old to camp these days!) but am going to write to the FIB organisers right now and ask some very specific questions, namely:

1): What has happened to Beni Camp? (As presumably they'll then have to either admit it's 'turned into' Villa Camp or explain what's happened - ie, is Camp FIB being extended?);

2): What is the capacity of Camp FIB? (so can find out whether it's been extended and also whether it is actually capable of accommodating the number of people that will be going - they surely have to be able to put everyone up free in theory, as they have advertised 'free camping')?

I think this is blatant misrepresentation and very evidently just a dirty scam to get cash out of people. I am of course aware that festivals are corporate events held with the purpose of making a profit....but I always thought Beni had just that little bit more soul!

Disappointing stuff xx

I have just spoken to the head of uk communications for the festival regarding VillaCamp and the conversation was very reassuring if what i was told is true, which is as follows:

BeniCamp is closed :P for a number of reasons including safety.

CampFIB has been extended again and there will be enough space for everyone.

The announcement has been poorly managed on Facebook and the official website and they are currently in the process of correcting this.

She apologised for the rude way in which i was spoken to on facebook and by fiberfib.com, i also mentioned danger-man's email and was told to apologise on her behalf for that also.

I said that i felt better knowing that everyone has the option of free camping but that i still think its a ridiculous decision to close benicamp, and that it hasnt gone down well with beni goers

So there we go they say everyone will fit in CampFIB so lets test that claim. DONT BUY A VILLA CAMP TICKET and lets rock CampFIB

Right well I've sent the following....will post any responses on here xx

Good afternoon,

Like many others, I have heard about the new Villa Camp at Beni, and I have two questions.

I would like to request two specific answers to these specific questions; please do not email me back and tell me that the info is on the FIB site, as I do not believe it is. (If of course I am mistaken and this exact information does appear, please do feel free to just direct me to the relevant web page, thanks.)

1): What has happened to Beni Camp? (ie, the area that has in the past been known as Beni Camp, what is this now? Has Beni Camp 'become' Villa Camp?)

2): What is the EXACT capacity of Camp FIB? Is it the same as previous years, or has it been extended?

I am sure you are aware that people are extremely unhappy about this development. If we can get some straight answers, I think that would definitely help calm things down.

Many thanks

I have just spoken to the head of uk communications for the festival regarding VillaCamp and the conversation was very reassuring if what i was told is true, which is as follows:

BeniCamp is closed :P for a number of reasons including safety.

CampFIB has been extended again and there will be enough space for everyone.

The announcement has been poorly managed on Facebook and the official website and they are currently in the process of correcting this.

She apologised for the rude way in which i was spoken to on facebook and by fiberfib.com, i also mentioned danger-man's email and was told to apologise on her behalf for that also.

I said that i felt better knowing that everyone has the option of free camping but that i still think its a ridiculous decision to close benicamp, and that it hasnt gone down well with beni goers

So there we go they say everyone will fit in CampFIB so lets test that claim. DONT BUY A VILLA CAMP TICKET and lets rock CampFIB