Bestival 2010

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was tempted by Bestival when I saw Gil Scott Heron was playing there (and not Glastonbury :P )

now I see that CHIC, Flaming Lips and Roxy Music are also playing, this is seriously tempting. Just have to wait for payday at the end of the month.

Not sure who I'll be able to tempt to come with me, is there an eFestivals camp where "solo ravers" can feel at home?

EDIT (19 hours after original post) Just bought my ticket. No idea how I'm going to get to the Isle of Wight, this is going to be an adventure.

Edited by FunkyDenz

Was tempted by Bestival when I saw Gil Scott Heron was playing there (and not Glastonbury :P )

now I see that CHIC, Flaming Lips and Roxy Music are also playing, this is seriously tempting. Just have to wait for payday at the end of the month.

Not sure who I'll be able to tempt to come with me, is there an eFestivals camp where "solo ravers" can feel at home?

EDIT (19 hours after original post) Just bought my ticket. No idea how I'm going to get to the Isle of Wight, this is going to be an adventure.

Having totted up that I could've bought a decent car with the money I spent on festivals last year, I've banned myself from Bestival :P

Hot Chip and Flaming Lips are brilliant choices, but when Prodigy were added that definitely kept my bank balance from slipping further into the red.

Still, it'll be awesome whoever plays!

sorry to ask as im sure its been asked before but anyway, when do people realistically think bestival will sell-out. (i.e when did it sell out last year).

Dont want to miss out but my friends are being very casual about buying their tickets so if i knew when it is likely to sellout then it may help move the whole process along a bit. thanks

They've got a fantastic deal on at the moment for Bestival, buy now, pay over 4 months. Means a ticket costs £37.50 a month, very affordable, far better to buy now than risk it selling out in a couple of months.

One more amazing line up today, this one is extra special though :P

INTRODUCING THE BESTIVAL RESIDENTS

PLUS EVEN MORE LIVE ACTS & DJS ADDED

AND LA ROUX IS THIS YEAR'S FANCY DRESS JUDGE

9/10/11/12 September 2010 at Robin Hill Country Park, Isle of Wight

Curated by Rob da Bank

THE BESTIVAL RESIDENTS GREG WILSON / JACK BEATS / JOY ORBISON / BETH JEANS HOUGHTON / JAMIE WOON / UNICORN KID / JAGUAR SKILLS / BEARDYMAN / CHARLI XCX / CALLUM NEGUS FANCEY (LET'S GO CRAZY)

PLUS OUR MAIN STAGE HOSTS THE CUBAN BROTHERS

PLUS EVEN MORE LIVE MUSIC STEVE MASON / NEW YOUNG PONY CLUB / DARWIN DEEZ / MOUNT KIMBIE / ERRORS / CHROME HOOF / SILVER COLUMNS / ROX / MUCHUU

AND DJ SETS ZERO 7 (DJ SET) / TENSNAKE / DISCO BLOODBATH / KING ROC / DJ HOJO HITS & THE SUNDAY BEST FORUM ALLSTARS

PLUS LA ROUX IS THIS YEAR'S FANTASY FANCY DRESS JUDGE

I'm going for the first time this year :P have fancied it for ages, but promised myself 2010 would be the year! Looking forward to it, especially as I wont be doing IOW fest, but like to get my island fix :P

Scottish peeps - give us a yell when you know travel plans - we might be on the same train/plane/ automobile!

I'm going for the first time this year :P have fancied it for ages, but promised myself 2010 would be the year! Looking forward to it, especially as I wont be doing IOW fest, but like to get my island fix :P

Scottish peeps - give us a yell when you know travel plans - we might be on the same train/plane/ automobile!

So I've just seen from the Bestival forum.

Then there is a little hope, maybe you'll manage not to empty the festival between you.

Promise me you won't put a chorus of Queen's 'We are the Champions' inbetween every other record & I may come on down and give you some support.

:P

I noticed you asking about travel plans...

I am going to fly down on the Wednesday again, it is just too much hassle going on the Thursday, travelling all day, setting up and then straight on the party mode.

Last couple of years there has been a pre-bestival bash at the Waverley Holiday Park in Cowes on the IOW, which is right at the ferry port from Southampton.

So I find the easiest way to get there is fly from Glasgow - Southampton, train into centre then down to the ferry port over to Cowes. From there the shuttle buses go to the site, takes around 20 minutes :P