users on this forum

Guest calumtom19

Im am 16 years old and yes; I am a school leaver and yes I was my first time at Reading and finally yes I did see KOL.

but people on this forum makiin to many assumptions and stereotypes about a music fan such as myself.

They assume becaUse I am young that wen it comes to KOL I only know "use somebody" and "sex on fire". Wen infact i hate sex on fie" and I prefer the songs from the earlier albums such as "Calfornia waiting" "molly chambers" and "charmer".

They assume because I like so called "mainstream" bands such as Artic Monkeys and KOL that my taste in music is one dimensional and blinkered. In fact I am a big fan of bands such as Radiohead (who put in the best performance ive seen in my life) Rage Against the Machine and DJ's Chase and Status.

They assume that i am at the sort of age were i will automatically choose to get pissed of a couple of wkds and then go around setting fire to things and joining in on the riots. Well I did get pretty wasted on the sunday along with everybody else but strongbow and stella were my drinks of choice and my time was spent having fun around the camp fire not draggin peoples tents into the fires.

and btw the d*ckhead that said the real reading goers were at FNM ur an idiot a festival constantly change and adapts to music industry as a whole at that particular point in time so there is no "real reading goer as the festivals vibe atmosphere and indeed lineup is completley different from one year to the next.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not about what bands you like to be honest... it is about not acting like someone that gets festivals and gig going.

Rude, arrogant, stupid people that don't look out for each other in a pit or at the festival in general are a pox.

I don't care if you're 15 and know the complete Animal Collective back catalogue word for word or you are 48 and know two Kings Of Leons songs, don't go to a festival and act like an ignorant cock. Sadly it seems the majority of those with cockish behaviour were of a younger age group than normal and were there in higher volume.

Im am 16 years old and yes; I am a school leaver and yes I was my first time at Reading and finally yes I did see KOL.

but people on this forum makiin to many assumptions and stereotypes about a music fan such as myself.

They assume becaUse I am young that wen it comes to KOL I only know "use somebody" and "sex on fire". Wen infact i hate sex on fie" and I prefer the songs from the earlier albums such as "Calfornia waiting" "molly chambers" and "charmer".

They assume because I like so called "mainstream" bands such as Artic Monkeys and KOL that my taste in music is one dimensional and blinkered. In fact I am a big fan of bands such as Radiohead (who put in the best performance ive seen in my life) Rage Against the Machine and DJ's Chase and Status.

They assume that i am at the sort of age were i will automatically choose to get pissed of a couple of wkds and then go around setting fire to things and joining in on the riots. Well I did get pretty wasted on the sunday along with everybody else but strongbow and stella were my drinks of choice and my time was spent having fun around the camp fire not draggin peoples tents into the fires.

and btw the d*ckhead that said the real reading goers were at FNM ur an idiot a festival constantly change and adapts to music industry as a whole at that particular point in time so there is no "real reading goer as the festivals vibe atmosphere and indeed lineup is completley different from one year to the next.

take a chill pill, people are just pissed that the festival has changed so much over the last half decade (tbh the writing was on the wall when nin drew such a pathetic crowd two years ago). I was at fnm as i saw the kings back in july, but there were a lot of people there just for those two songs, even the band said so :D

Users on this forum? Nice generalisation... Perhaps you've read a few posts of something, but i don't think that all... Ive been a massive radiohead fan since i was 15... People can listen to what they want, who cares if you enjoy mainsteam music? what difference does that make, and you're age is irrelevant.

Edited by JameSemajj

Users on this forum? Nice generalisation... Perhaps you've read a few posts of something, but i don't think that all... Ive been a massive radiohead fan since i was 15... People can listen to what they want, who cares if you enjoy mainsteam music? what difference does that make, and you're age is irrelevant.

Hypocritical it may sound but I'm making this judgement after seeing a number of posts on a number of topics all winding back to the same point. Were as the people that generalise people of a similar age to me make this judgement from a couple or sometimes one single experience with someone my age.

Im am not sayin that everyone on this forum is a judgemental metal head but there is more than I would of expected considering a festival is about as close to liberalism as you can get these days.

Hypocritical it may sound but I'm making this judgement after seeing a number of posts on a number of topics all winding back to the same point. Were as the people that generalise people of a similar age to me make this judgement from a couple or sometimes one single experience with someone my age.

Im am not sayin that everyone on this forum is a judgemental metal head but there is more than I would of expected considering a festival is about as close to liberalism as you can get these days.

i think your being a Nieve prick

most of the people that were taking part in the "riots" were young FACT

most of the people i took shit off over the weekend were young FACT

most of the people who were shit in the crowds of the bands i saw (IE not helping people in the pits) were young and didnt appreciate the music were the young nme types FACT

im not saying every one of you are like this but the majority are its what happens when a alternative festival turns into a pop festival (which let face it it was this year) it draws a different crowd which changed the atmosphere of the entire festival

no offense mate but its the majority that give you the 16 year old sterotype, it dosnt help when you try acting like the victim like your post trys to makes you out to be.

If you positively want change you gotta make it happen, change the way your peers act. not just as a teenager but as a festival goer its kinda your duty

anyway my point is stop acting naive and start f**king changing things, dont give the rest of this board reason to think band about you trust me ive seen just as much good here as i have bad and quite frankly you 26 years olds deserved the shit this year

ok im gonna stop ranting now

I agree to an extent. All of these 'bad behaving children' are all from different backgrounds and have been brought up differently, so personally it's just put down to imaturity, get over it!

so to you hipercrites who keep going on at the kids, who obviously have never done a bad thing in there life..... please, be quiet.... :D

most of the people that were taking part in the "riots" were young FACT

most of the people i took shit off over the weekend were young FACT

most of the people who were shit in the crowds of the bands i saw (IE not helping people in the pits) were young and didnt appreciate the music were the young nme types FACT

Edited by beLIEveR

lets be honest the vast majority on here think they have been to a couple of festivals and think they know it all.

but you on a festival forum where most are pretty obessed with a couple of weekends away at a festival all year round.

most of the idiots I found in the corwd were in there late 20s/early 30s, but do people find a few 15/16yo running around intimidating?

and your always going to get the cool people on here slating mainstream bands, who were fans when they were not as popular. Im afraid thats what you get from people who "think" thay know alot about music and trying to be cool!

oh and all the frustration on your first post, just go out this weekend and get laid! It will do you the world of good.

Edited by thetime