2 festivals to do next year

Guest ourkid1984

Hi there,

Me and my mates next year would love to get a camper van go to a festival around June/July time then straight onto another festival the following weekend.

Has anyone got any suggestions of what 2 festivals follow each other at that time of year?

We are thinking of going to a big messy one first, something like Glastonbury/Isle Of Wight/T in the Park, the doing a smaller one the following week but don't really know what to go for.

Any help would be much appreciated,

thanks

This is a good idear I do it every year but later in august when this year after Beautiful Days I stayed in the area for Watchet the following weekend this makes the long trip down south worthwhile as campers are thirsty beasts.

the three you mention are all widely spaced so to some degree its depends where you are starting from and how far you want to travel

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far.

I like the idea of Blissfields as it's just up the road from me, I'm from Southampton and nearly went this year.

I've had a look at this years festivals and July seems to be a good month to do what we want to do, I'm now having a look at going to Lattitude and then a festival the week before or the week after. The stand out ones for me would either be Wakestock or maybe Guildfest and the one that appeals the week after is Camp Bestival, ooo the choices :D

This year I went to the suberb Pukkelpop in Belgium and went to Rock Werchter the year before and ideally I would be looking at going to either Lowlands or Pukkelpop then off to Reading but that's a lot of driving and I'm not the person driving, also both festivals would be really hectic.

Could always go to Reading then off to something like Bingley live, seems like a good festival for a bargain.

I liked Rock Werchter when I went last year especially all of the bars outside of the venue and the top acts.

I liked Pukkelpop this year as well and although the choice of acts was outstanding and so was the atmosphere, I think there could of been more choice for drinks outside the venue and camping area could of been better/more spacious.

I like the sound of Siziget but am a bit worried about the language barrier to get to site and the cost to get there.

We're seriously considering going to Optimus in Lisbon next July. We went last year and it was brilliant - great weather - not too expensive - would really recommend it! What a great way of combining a summer holiday with a fessie! :( We considered blitzing it and doing Glastonbury - but got fed up of having our photos rejected! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Easyride has it spot on! Go to Glasto, then wander up to Lancashire and go to Beat-Herder. Beat-Herder will amaze you, so much stuff, such a 100% sorted lovely crowd and such a wonderful location...

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there,

Me and my mates next year would love to get a camper van go to a festival around June/July time then straight onto another festival the following weekend.

Has anyone got any suggestions of what 2 festivals follow each other at that time of year?

We are thinking of going to a big messy one first, something like Glastonbury/Isle Of Wight/T in the Park, the doing a smaller one the following week but don't really know what to go for.

Any help would be much appreciated,

thanks