40th Anniversary,Isle of Wight.

Guest Big Jock

As most festy lovers will know I.O.W. celebrates its 40th anniversary this year,and because of this I have this very strong gut feeling that Mr Giddings is going to have a more than usual list of top acts to comemerate this,which I think would be a great festival that many top names would be asking to play rather than being asked by Mr Giddings himself.So all you I.O.W.festy freaks what do ya think or am I talkin through a hole in my arse again lol. :angry:

As most festy lovers will know I.O.W. celebrates its 40th anniversary this year,and because of this I have this very strong gut feeling that Mr Giddings is going to have a more than usual list of top acts to comemerate this,which I think would be a great festival that many top names would be asking to play rather than being asked by Mr Giddings himself.So all you I.O.W.festy freaks what do ya think or am I talkin through a hole in my arse again lol. ;)

Hmmmmmmm i can see him bringing back an act who played one of the first 3 festival

Sadly the most famous man cant ;) (Mr Hendrix)

so i guess i would settle for Mr Dylan who headlined in 1969 :):D

but i still think this is unlikly

But the 1st one was 1968 so how can it be the 40th Anniversary?

bot to burst the bubble... but as its Glasto's 40th anniversary next year....I think we'll end up with what we did last year people ding both IOW and Glasto so its worth their while financially...unfortunately I've opted for the Glasto instead this year (last year for freebie tkt for child won me over and sick of paying through the nose for a kid at IOW) will miss fellow campers though:(

• 1 month later...

Went for Pixies and Neil Young this year, thought the rest of the line-up was a tad average though. Not that many of the originals who'd still be able to perform for a 40th, Leonard Cohen, Dylan or the Who maybe.

Eldest brother went to 1970; he hasn't stopped talking about Hendrix and Rory Gallagher (Taste) ever since. He even slept through The Doors and The Who because he'd "seen them too much already", the jammy git (!)

Went for Pixies and Neil Young this year, thought the rest of the line-up was a tad average though. Not that many of the originals who'd still be able to perform for a 40th, Leonard Cohen, Dylan or the Who maybe.

Eldest brother went to 1970; he hasn't stopped talking about Hendrix and Rory Gallagher (Taste) ever since. He even slept through The Doors and The Who because he'd "seen them too much already", the jammy git (!)

Edited by Big Jock

im serioulsy considering not going next year. If the bands are like this year then its a no from me

im serioulsy considering not going next year. If the bands are like this year then its a no from me

hmm not sure i need them to sell tickets after xmas because im moving into my flat in the next couple of months so im going to be broke