The Beatles

Cardboard Box City

who knows... it's not as if Paul isn't highly regarded by millions of fans, is it?

start a thread on it

as highly? i think not. he couldn't even sell out hampden in the summer :P

people don't talk about paul in the same way they do john. and i don't believe it's cos of musical superiority.

christ, it's not that hard to get. being dead increases ones popularity and status.

people are talking as if lennon was the greatest songwriter to walk the earth. had mccartney been shot and not lennon, then roles would be reversed. pretty simple really. i try to judge music on the music, not the mortality of the performer.

It's all subjective but feel free to list who you think were better songwriters than John Lennon...

It's all subjective but feel free to list who you think were better songwriters than John Lennon...

paul mccartney

elton john

david bowie

jon anderson

joanna newsom

rufus wainwright

lets take rufus wainwright for example. would you say he's at least on a par with jeff buckley? yet who is plaudited more?

paul mccartney

elton john

david bowie

jon anderson

joanna newsom

rufus wainwright

lets take rufus wainwright for example. would you say he's at least on a par with jeff buckley? yet who is plaudited more?

Action failed: You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day

:(

It's because of pish like the Frog Song and Mull of Kintyre.

I thought we established The Frog Song was great?

John was always the more popular of the two.

The reason there isn't a day to remember him, or anyone still alive, is because... they're still alive!... and still doing things which keep them in the news. Anniversarys, deaths or births usually, :rolleyes: are all there is for dead people... that's how it works :unsure:

point.....missed

which singer songwriter from the 90's/00's is better than jeff buckley?

Oh boy, this is an easy one.

Noel Gallagher - obviously.

Jarvis Cocker

Damon Albarn

Paul McCartney - yes, still.

Paul Weller

James Skelley

Beck

About a million others.

I think the answer has to be yes. Maybe swap "pissed" with "clinically insane".

can't for the life of my find it. but in elton's greatest hits, it has a quote from lennon practically saying that he was the greatest songwriters of all time. guess lennon was insane too. next time i'm at my brothers, i'll grab the notes and get the quote.

can't for the life of my find it. but in elton's greatest hits, it has a quote from lennon practically saying that he was the greatest songwriters of all time. guess lennon was insane too. next time i'm at my brothers, i'll grab the notes and get the quote.

Elton John isn't a better songwriter than Lennon. Thats all that needs to be said.

Elton John isn't a better songwriter than Lennon. Thats all that needs to be said.

elton john dies in 1979 and you would all be looking at him differently. i have no doubt in my mind about this.

he's not a great song-writer ...full stop

he writes the tunes

so he doesn't write the vocal melodies? does this mean that geddy lee and alex lifeson aren't songwriters either?