The Beatles

Cardboard Box City

just listening to random tracks and there's no honey pie. but long, long, long is there. silly!

or savoy truffle. unless my search is playing silly buggers...

Long Long Long is fab. The end of it in particular is one of the most unique moments in rock n roll.

You need to read your Ian McDonald again kiddo.

:P

Wouldn't have Come Together in the top 50.

Kinda agree with you there scout. Have to say.

But whats more galling:

27. You’re Going to Lose That Girl

Above:

30. We Can Work it Out

31. You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away

32. Penny Lane

33. I Am the Walrus

wtf.com

Is that list in order? Rain at #88?!!?!!

:rolleyes::unsure:

Kinda agree with you there scout. Have to say.

But whats more galling:

27. You’re Going to Lose That Girl

Above:

30. We Can Work it Out

31. You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away

32. Penny Lane

33. I Am the Walrus

wtf.com

100% agree. Hadn't even got that far to be honest.

I Am The Walrus # 33.

wtf.au

Edited by The Nal

eh?

For a band with 13 albums (or whatever it is at this stage!) The Beatles have one of the most well known catalogues in music.

Theres 100 songs there and theres only one of them "97. All I’ve Got to Do" that I don't know backwards.

Wondering what gaps there would be in other people's knowledge.

For a band with 13 albums (or whatever it is at this stage!) The Beatles have one of the most well known catalogues in music.

Theres 100 songs there and theres only one of them "97. All I’ve Got to Do" that I don't know backwards.

Wondering what gaps there would be in other people's knowledge.

aah, i get you now. yeah, well as i said in the last page, i listened to 3 great songs at random, and none were there. picked one from the list at random (long, long, long [which i hadn't heard before]) and didn't think it deserved to be in ahead of those 3 randoms.

my beatles knowledge isn't fantastic, especially the older stuff. i'll have a look later though and see what i don't know. i imagine it will be about 20.

(long, long, long [which i hadn't heard before])

When I first got the White Album I couldnt get over how haunting some of the tracks were...

"Cry Baby Cry w/ Can You Take Me Back" / "Rev #9" / and of course "Long Long Long" disturbed a lot of night time listening. Amazing stuff.

When I first got the White Album I couldnt get over how haunting some of the tracks were...

"Cry Baby Cry w/ Can You Take Me Back" / "Rev #9" / and of course "Long Long Long" disturbed a lot of night time listening. Amazing stuff.

I love that era Beatles. Heroin started coming into it then briefly which added to the bleakness/scariness of some of the 2nd side of the White Album.

Some of it is complete shite mind but that’s the way it goes with a double album.

Don’t Pass Me By being the worst offender. Awful. Nearly worse than some of the throwaway nonsense they gave him to sing on the early albums.

...most from the bottom 10.

The harmony vocals on "Yes It Is" are spellbinding. Lennon is as hammy as a butchers window in it though.

"You Won't See Me" is well worth a listen but sits better in its place on the record. If I remember when I saw the "Love" Show in Las Vegas it had a prominent enough position. Could be wrong though.

97. Just can't place it!

haha! Same as me!! Gonna listen when I get home.

- - -

Also have a hankering to hear Lennon's adlibbed "Mmmmmm-itsbina Hard Day's Night" aswell later too.

As I said to a fella in the office before - I adore him.

I can't imagine what it must have been like to have been a fan growing up to have experienced his death never mind knowing him or being his mate or in his band. My mother speaks of my poor Dad spending 4 straight days in bed. I was only 4 but no death outside of family members "hurts" me the same way. To this day he casts a profound shadow over my life.

Right, i've just gone over that top 100 list for 30mins and here is a rather splendid album of stuff they left out. Apologies for any errors.

1. The Word

2. Babys In Black

3. Glass Onion

4. For You Blue

5. Fool On The Hill - How the hell did they forget this?

6. Michelle

7. I'm Looking Through You

8. I'll Get You

9. I Will

10. Within You Without You

11. Fixing A Hole

12. Getting Better

13. I'll Be Back

Now, there aren't many bands, if any, who could release an album as strong as that still knocking about is there?

Right, i've just gone over that top 100 list for 30mins and here is a rather splendid album of stuff they left out. Apologies for any errors.

5. Fool On The Hill - How the hell did they forget this?

6. Michelle

7. I'm Looking Through You

11. Fixing A Hole

12. Getting Better

some of my favourite beatles tracks right there. awful list of 100. too many from a hard days night.