The Beatles

Cardboard Box City

So Macca apparently playing Hampden Park June 20th. Very tempting.

That's rather close to Glastonbury...........

Nah... surely not?

Playing the RDS in Dublin on Saturday (!!!!) 12th June. Same day as Ireland vs All Blacks.

Gonna be AMAZING.

I've got RATM/Vultures in hAmsterdam/Macca that week. Pisstake.

I am CHUFFED with myself here. The man is an inspiration.

Playing the RDS in Dublin on Saturday (!!!!) 12th June. Same day as Ireland vs All Blacks.

Gonna be AMAZING.

I've got RATM/Vultures in hAmsterdam/Macca that week. Pisstake.

I am CHUFFED with myself here. The man is an inspiration.

playing HRC, which is on entirely the wrong weekend :P

Tickets for Dublin in the RDS

Standing - 81.25 euro

Pitch seating (Mega posh seats down the front of the stage - 156 euro :P:(

Normal seating 156 euro

156 euro!!

:P :P :P

So if you're standing on the pitch, you actually standing BEHIND people who are sitting.

I wont be going, to quote an angry Scotsman, "I'm out".

duncanDM1603_468x385.jpg

That's scandalous.

To our Irish contingent - how much more expensive was a Glastonbury ticket? Surely it can't be a lot more than that?

No chance of me missing this.

Im wondering where the best place to hear the soundcheck is!?!? Thinking of booking a room in the 'Seasons to listen from the Balcony with a few bevs to be fair.

Naliñho you grumpy old codger - Macca's always been interested in the few shillings. Nothing new to see here. RATM are on the same week for 80 notes and they play for 80 minutes tops.

I'll get you a ticket if you want scout. Thats a humdinger of a show chief. I know the seats in front is a buzzkill but get real. He's never playing our city again mate.

No chance of me missing this.

Im wondering where the best place to hear the soundcheck is!?!? Thinking of booking a room in the 'Seasons to listen from the Balcony with a few bevs to be fair.

Naliñho you grumpy old codger - Macca's always been interested in the few shillings. Nothing new to see here. RATM are on the same week for 80 notes and they play for 80 minutes tops.

I'll get you a ticket if you want scout. Thats a humdinger of a show chief. I know the seats in front is a buzzkill but get real. He's never playing our city again mate.

Meh, saw him in December, great gig, that'll do.

He can f**k off with his 156 quid tickets.

Edited by The Nal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

By the way the best film about the Beatles I saw was the 1994 film Backbeat about their early years working in clubs in Hamburg with the story centering on their now dead long forgotton member Stuart Sutcliffe. It featured great fast paced action such as once scene where the band get into a fight and brilliant performances of early Beatles songs.

Here is the trailer for it:

We'd like to do something now which

we've never ever done before

and it's a track off our new LP.

New LP...

And this song's called "Yesterday".

And so for Paul McCartney of Liverpool,

opportunity knocks!

Bloody Paul's Gradma's songs!

By the way the best film about the Beatles I saw was the 1994 film Backbeat about their early years working in clubs in Hamburg with the story centering on their now dead long forgotton member Stuart Sutcliffe. It featured great fast paced action such as once scene where the band get into a fight and brilliant performances of early Beatles songs.

Here is the trailer for it:

Good film. I can highly recommend Nowhere Boy too.