1st timers opinion

Guest hombrederayo

Just thought I'd post what I thought of the festival as others are.

I really enjoyed pretty much every DJ/live band I saw over the weekend.

Really good line up, and lots of clashes so I had to miss a few people.

My only gripe and the main reason why I dont think I will bother going is the organisation. I went with someone who went to global gathering who said it was much better organised than Creamfields was.

Way too much queueing. queue to get into the campsite, and then have to queue for ages to get into the arena, that was mental!

How about doing a decent search at the start when you get your wristband, emptying bags etc, and then that should be it?

No need to then have to queue to get searched again because the search to get into the campsite was inadequate that they have to do it twice.

I wanted to go back to the campsite on saturday evening to get some food from my tent, but on seeing the queue to get back in, I decided not to bother.

Secondly the queueing system at the tents, what was that all about?! I have never, ever seen that. Entrances only on 1 side, and exit on the other, mental idea! All that happens, is what happened all weekend. A massive bottleneck at the entrance side as the security doesnt let anyone in as to him it looks like the tent is full, when over the other side the tent is practically empty as people are getting in the tent and just stopping where they stand. If they wanted to do it this way, then the security people at the entrances/exits needed to communicate, walkie-tallkies maybe? then they could know how full or not the place was over the other side and let people in.

Crazy system anyway, that I have never seen anywhere else, why have it in the 1st place? Just let people choose to go in/out where they want and let people judge for themselves if the tent is too busy then.

Other than the ridiculous queueing systems site wide, I really enjoyed the music side of things, and from what my mate said GG is similar music but better organised so I might check that out next year. 2many dj's, dizzee, dirty vegas, basement jaxx, cantmix, high contrast, chase & status all really good.

Aww, is jealous that you got to see high contrast and chase and status! we camped out in the swedish house mafia and couldnt bring ourselves to leave.

Unfortunately this sort of organisation at festivals looks like its happening more often. I noticed that they actually used the same security company as Gatecrasher Summer Soundsystem did last summer, and that festival was the epitome of shambolic. Seriously, Creamfields was perfect in comparison to the monstrosity that was Gatecrasher SS 2008! lol they really f**ked that one up.

I do agree with you that the queuing in and out of campsite is an absolute joke, however the initial queue to get in beats Global hands down, I've had to wait 5 hours plus with all my heavy camping gear to get in before, not even exaggerating!

hey guys dis was our first tym coming over aswell n i hav ta say d whole weekend blew me away!!

the q on sunday ta get in was a bit heavy tho at half1 so we ended up goin back to the campsite for a few hours but other than dat i didnt tink the queing was 2 bad at all!!only problem was wen i went back to the campsite on sunday i ended up fallin asleep at 4 so missed nearly everything on sunday :(

my biggest mistake was stayin awake all nyt saturday wit sum new best friends i made :D

if only the q wasnt to bad den i no i wud hav been wide awake for the day but iv only myself to blame for that 1!!!

also wen lookin for the tangerine fields n askin the stewards dey sent us around in circles :( dey didnt seem ta hav an idea wat was goin on!!not nice to b walkin around carrying 45 cans of strongbow :(

i wil def b back nxt year but im hearin from a lot of ppl dat global is better so im gona hit dat aswell nxt year n make my mind up from der!!!

irish festivals do not hav nething on yer 1s tbh!!!d lighting was absolutely mental B)

john digweed was massive finishing off d cream arena!!!

seen tiesto twice b4 n not a fan but he absolutely nailed it i thought!!!my friends were jus laughin at me after his set as i literally couldnt speak for 20 minutes afterwards :D n dats tough for me :P

cant really commentt on d sunday as i missed it basically except for the last 2 hours :(

nxt year ill b better equipped neway as i hav the run of it now ha!!!

only gripe i hav is dat dey shud hav another entrance into the arena as every1 goin in d same way is to slow!!!

roll on nxt year B)B)

Our first time at Creamfields & we had a great time! :P Nothing can prepare you for the walk from the car park to campsite, regardless of how bad people tell you it is! :) So glad it was dry that Saturday morning, else plenty of people would of had major probs (we saw people dragging sleeping bags, beer creates the lot!) Found the tangerine fields guys easy enough & was great to just chill once we where sorted around 1pm at our tent.

As for the deal with the queues, i guess this was to be expected but was much worse than people would of thought. The queue to get into the campsite wasn’t too bad for us (think about 15 mins), it looked much worse when we were walking back round to get into the arena itself. The queue for this did get quite tedious, more so on the Sunday i thought – any of you guys here have VIP tickets, did you use a different entrance to the arena? If so, how long did it take for yous to gain entry? Also was the extra £s for the VIP worth it overall? :wub:

We did quite a few of the tents on the Sat (Swedish House Mafia was unbelievable for queues to get in), after Tiësto had finished on the main stage everywhere was chocka, so we spent a while walking round & eating ice-cream! :O

Secondly the queueing system at the tents, what was that all about?! I have never, ever seen that. Entrances only on 1 side, and exit on the other, mental idea! All that happens, is what happened all weekend. A massive bottleneck at the entrance side as the security doesnt let anyone in as to him it looks like the tent is full, when over the other side the tent is practically empty as people are getting in the tent and just stopping where they stand. If they wanted to do it this way, then the security people at the entrances/exits needed to communicate, walkie-tallkies maybe? then they could know how full or not the place was over the other side and let people in.

Cheers for the info B) GG is on our list for next year to check out once the line up is announced, will most probably be doing the w/end camping like we did at CF last month but are thinking about trying out the VIP upgrade. The plus points on queues, etc sound well worth the extra (of course like you say, if affordable! :) )

Hospitality is the way, it's ace :D

Chris got searched every time we went back into the VIP arena, so much so that me and the other security guys were giggling at him...we reckoned one of 'em took a fancy to him in his pirate costume ha ha :lol:

First time we went in..I walked straight through, one of 'em stopped Chris, squidged one pocket of his jeans "that's spare toilet roll" squidged the other pocket "that's my inhaler" then went round the back and squidged again "that's my ass"...from then on he searched him every time ha ha :lol:;)

Hospitality is the way, it's ace :D

Chris got searched every time we went back into the VIP arena, so much so that me and the other security guys were giggling at him...we reckoned one of 'em took a fancy to him in his pirate costume ha ha :lol:

First time we went in..I walked straight through, one of 'em stopped Chris, squidged one pocket of his jeans "that's spare toilet roll" squidged the other pocket "that's my inhaler" then went round the back and squidged again "that's my ass"...from then on he searched him every time ha ha :lol::D