First time at Leeds in 2010

Guest FluffyBeanie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, got another question. Got tickets and everything, happy with plans for camping but having a bit of trouble finding the camping stoves. Have a gas one but they are not allowed. Anyone got any clue what the best one is then? I have been looking at the meth ones but people say you need to take a lot of fuel for them, and the greenheat ones are apparantely really rubbish? I am tempted to take the disposable ones but they won't boil water very quickly?

Ta.

Ok, got another question. Got tickets and everything, happy with plans for camping but having a bit of trouble finding the camping stoves. Have a gas one but they are not allowed. Anyone got any clue what the best one is then? I have been looking at the meth ones but people say you need to take a lot of fuel for them, and the greenheat ones are apparantely really rubbish? I am tempted to take the disposable ones but they won't boil water very quickly?

Ta.

Anyone got any ideas on the best campsite to go in , looking for one that's got a good atmosphere but no di(k heads :P
Edited by stephen07

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i went last year as an under 18 and had no problem taking copius amounts of alcohol in with me, as did about 10 friends

if you have a ticket and arent shouting that your carrying crack they'll pretty much let you in regardless.

the riots arent really riots, last year seemed to consist more of people hellbent on destroying their own stuff all doing it together in the same palce and leaving everyone else be.

tended to have a couple of really big fires going with big crowds, then the rest of the campsites were fairly normal, at least blue and red were. i was in blue near the village and it was amazing, right loads of stuff, good parties etc but i still slept well (altho it was only for about 3 hours each night)

dont camp near the big paths unless you want hoards of drunken people brushing past and falling into your tent all night, and i mean all night.

chairs tend to be a bit of a waste of money because theyre stolen or broken by the next day

if you do like your own stuff then make friends with the people near you, cause theres often people skulking round looking for an open tent to rob

combo locks work well as theres no key to lose :)

Edited by Jimmyeatspeople

Putting locks on tents is about as good as putting a bit neon light over your tent saying "Valuable stuff in here!!" to theives. My advice.. dont take anything you dont want to lose..

Shiny iPhone? Nokia 3210

Wallet? Crap old wallet with only as much money as you need

Expensive tent? £15 tent from ASDA

Champagne? Glens Vodka

you get the gist

Hi, its my first time at leeds. Im a V and T in the park veteran,but had a year off in 09 (new baby) well i have thursday tickets and am looking forward to it no end. But i have just one question. How far is brown camp from the main arena? Is it half an hour walk or more. Im talking my eldest son to his first fessie so thought brown might be best.

cheers in advance.

John (Bollyhead)

Hi, its my first time at leeds. Im a V and T in the park veteran,but had a year off in 09 (new baby) well i have thursday tickets and am looking forward to it no end. But i have just one question. How far is brown camp from the main arena? Is it half an hour walk or more. Im talking my eldest son to his first fessie so thought brown might be best.

cheers in advance.

John (Bollyhead)

Brown is good , if ur taking your son.

We was camped next to a group of lads about 12 year olds and thier dads last year.

Defo worth the walk to keep out the way of all the mayhem that goes on up the road.

Camp DJ still plays till 6am tho.

Edited by bollyhead

I'd suggest a sack truck, if it rains (which it won't) it can get pretty muddy so something with decent wheels would suit.