First time at Leeds in 2010

Guest FluffyBeanie

After years and years of attending the V Festival at Weston Park, I have decided to jump ship and try Leeds instead. There are a ton of reasons that I won't bore you with about why I have changed, but it goes without saying I am going to need the inside info on Leeds as I have never been before.

I imagine there will be a 'help' thread started next Spring when the headliners are announced and the general sale starts, but any early info would be much appreciated. Topics of interest to me are:

1 - Campsites - which are lively and get packed, which are more chilled and which are in the middle of the two. Are there showers on site?

2 -Arena bars - cash or token? Which beer is the main sponsor?

3 - Car parking - wise to try and go in a particular car park or best to go where you are told? Does it take ages to get out on the Monday?

4 - Are the infamous 'riots' I have heard about over-hyped rubbish or is there a genuine problem with security at night?

5 - What goes on in the Village and campsites at night?

6 - Your predictions for headliners just for a laugh.

Looking forward to hearing from you all and see you there next year! :huh:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have done 5 V's , the last one was 2008 , just could not be bothered with it again , and I have done

all the Leeds since 00 , 01 I forget which.

There are showers , but never use em !

Red and Orange and White and Yellow are similar to red at V. We always camp in Brown which is the furthest from the arena , never gets full and is always very very quiet.

Beer is Tuborg and the bars are cash with 10p on your pint pot.

Cannot say car parking is a prob , but like V if its muddy then it does not help.

The riots are over hyped rubbish , thats all I can say , just young kids being silly , I always say

give em a girl for the night or take their camera phones off em , and you will eradicate the problem.

Unlike V, Leeds does not shut down at 11,00 pm. Dance tent goes till 3.00 am , then you get Picadilly

Party which is outside sound system which is an Indie Disco and that goes till 6.00 am , same with camp site sound systems.

Got my ticket for Leeds 2010 already , V I just cannot be arsed whatever the line up !

After years and years of attending the V Festival at Weston Park, I have decided to jump ship and try Leeds instead. There are a ton of reasons that I won't bore you with about why I have changed, but it goes without saying I am going to need the inside info on Leeds as I have never been before.

I imagine there will be a 'help' thread started next Spring when the headliners are announced and the general sale starts, but any early info would be much appreciated. Topics of interest to me are:

1 - Campsites - which are lively and get packed, which are more chilled and which are in the middle of the two. Are there showers on site?

I like orange but really it's upto you, orange is near the main party area by the fairground but quiet enough to sleep still. More relaxed than red and blue.

Cash, Tuborg is the main beer.

3 - Car parking - wise to try and go in a particular car park or best to go where you are told? Does it take ages to get out on the Monday?

We've not driven before but just went where they told us this year, on monday we left at 12 and didn't have to que were straight out instantly, got another friend who in 07 tried to leave at 9 and qued for 3 hours, but hey there's no rush

4 - Are the infamous 'riots' I have heard about over-hyped rubbish or is there a genuine problem with security at night?

Over-hyped, weren't bad at all this year, easy to avoid really, I didn't really notice anything, in fact:

Leeds Festival 'without incident'

Campsite DJ's, silent disco, Relentless tent, main dj by orange fun fair, oxfam (oxjam) tent, and a few others with music.

I want Green Day

Looking forward to hearing from you all and see you there next year! :lol:

Yup, have fun.

Edited by theronkinator

• 2 weeks later...

The brown is much more relaxed and there is always a great vibe in every campsite, and yes there are showers on the site.

Cash but there are machines for credit cards (but the ycharge you) and i seem to remember it been Turborg.

Juts follow the guidance of the stewards i have never got trapped in but best to make sure you make a landmark for the whereabouts of your car

Just try and stay further up away from the arena e.g Brown Campsite but the riots are nothing really tbh.

DJ'S, music everything you want for a good nights partying.

Tough one next year could be one of 10 bands but my immediate guess of one would be Blink 182

Looking forward to hearing from you all and see you there next year! :(

The only trouble re drugs this year that I saw was a bloke being led away by sercurity.

One of the security guys kept saying to the bloke

" You were selling them MDMA ! , I heard you clearly !!!! "

:lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest musiclove123

Dont camp near fairground unless you want to hear the same music going round and round whilst you lie in your tent trying to sleep/stay sane!I made this mistake many moons ago. Camp near enough to some toilets too(epes if you are a girl) for those awful middle of the night cant be arsed loo trips!

• 3 weeks later...

My advice is get an early entry pass. Getting in on the WEednesday is great. You get a pick of the camping spots, you don't have as far to go carrying your stuff and you can relax on the Thursday knowing you don't have to go through the hassle of finding a spot and pitching your tent.

The best piece of advice I could give is anyone is bringing drugs into the Main arena don't bring themn out until well away from the main gates, there are security everywhere watching and although you probably won't get turned in to the police you will get everything took of you.

going to leeds for the 1st time this year too...nice tips :P

question: i´ve always followed the band announcements over the last years...but cant remember when they were...when can we expect some names? march - ticket-time?

and how much is the early entry ticket? are they limited? any busses that go from the centre of leeds or main station to the festival?

going to leeds for the 1st time this year too...nice tips :P

question: i´ve always followed the band announcements over the last years...but cant remember when they were...when can we expect some names? march - ticket-time?

and how much is the early entry ticket? are they limited? any busses that go from the centre of leeds or main station to the festival?