'Libertines will play festivals in 2010'

Guest hearing_aid

I think 2nd to Muse or similar would be a reasonable place for them. If Blink 182 play I think it should be 2nd too, to Green Day or AC/DC if they're about would be perfect. But I think Green Day will do stadiums next summer instead of festivals. AC/DC are pretty unlikely, but would convince me to buy a ticket, which unless they pull off something of that level I won't be doing.

I think you'll find all I've "bashed" is the over-saturation of the scene, which started finding it's feet after the libertines split that has resulted in mediocre bands being held in high regard because they're better than the god awful ones! I've never said "all indie is shit" or anything like that, because that would make me a "hypocrit".

i dont think libertines should headline based on the fact that they havent done anything for ages

i mean whoop de doo they break up, make two average bands, and then reform... that doesnt warrant being headliner

i would rather they headlined the tent, that would fit better.

and if they did reform it would just be for a tiny bit of time to get a load of money so pete can get his next fix

all that said i do like a lot of their songs, as well as dpt and babyshambles...

i dont think libertines should headline based on the fact that they havent done anything for ages

i mean whoop de doo they break up, make two average bands, and then reform... that doesnt warrant being headliner

i would rather they headlined the tent, that would fit better.

and if they did reform it would just be for a tiny bit of time to get a load of money so pete can get his next fix

all that said i do like a lot of their songs, as well as dpt and babyshambles...

it would be dangerous if they were in a tent. like them or lathe them there will be a HUGE amount of people that want to see them.

im a fan of the libertines. hated dirty pretty things (no soul but structure), like babyshambles (plenty of soul but a bit messy at times). i think pete and carl need to work together in order to create their best music. they seem to buzz of each other too.

hope it happens. if the strokes play under them it would be amazing.

it would be dangerous if they were in a tent. like them or lathe them there will be a HUGE amount of people that want to see them.

im a fan of the libertines. hated dirty pretty things (no soul but structure), like babyshambles (plenty of soul but a bit messy at times). i think pete and carl need to work together in order to create their best music. they seem to buzz of each other too.

hope it happens. if the strokes play under them it would be amazing.

I liked the Libertines *pauses to let this sink in* but I'm not convinced this reunion is a good idea, I can't see them being as good as they were before on record, and I don't see any reason for them to be headliner material other than that twat Doherty being a tabloid celebrity. I thought DPTs and Babyshambles were both dreadful, and suspect this reunion will turn into some horrid mash-up of the two, rather than picking up where they left off.

Id be delighted if they headlined/beneath the headliner. No way they could fit in a tent. not in a million years. I mthinking below The Strokes could be possible. The Strokes helped The Libertines alot on their way, and its pretty much the 2 most important indie bands of recent years

IMO The Arctic Monkey's filled the void left by the Libertines, if they kept it together the Libertines would be as big if not bigger than the Arctic Monkeys. I don't know why people think it's strange that The Libertines would headline, it is debateable wether there big enough to do so but in the current climate we're not going to see the big headliners of old. I don't think that they would be offerded the £1 million as quoted, the only headliner I know of being paid that much to headline Reading/Leeds was Oasis in 2000 but I could be wrong.

The Libertines and The Strokes co headlining would be absolutely amazing (although I don't agree with the term co headlining, the band that plays last is clearly the headliner)

I agree with what you're saying that arctic monkeys filled the void left by the libertines, but will everyone stop using the "current finiancial climate" as an excuse. Even before the credit crunch we had razorlight headline! Fact is fr can use this as a front to defend themselves when they don't pull in the big names. As it turns out the lineup's quite good for me personnally this year, but i understand that leeds and reading and leeds are nothing but a money making machine. I loved how the credit crunch was used as an excuse this year when the majority of acts from the initial announcement were british and not american. Was also a grand way to get an extra £20 out of everyone to "cover their costs" and an opportunity for them to affiliate themselves with viagogo, meaning they get a commission off every ticket resold through that site.

I agree with what you're saying that arctic monkeys filled the void left by the libertines, but will everyone stop using the "current finiancial climate" as an excuse. Even before the credit crunch we had razorlight headline! Fact is fr can use this as a front to defend themselves when they don't pull in the big names. As it turns out the lineup's quite good for me personnally this year, but i understand that leeds and reading and leeds are nothing but a money making machine. I loved how the credit crunch was used as an excuse this year when the majority of acts from the initial announcement were british and not american. Was also a grand way to get an extra £20 out of everyone to "cover their costs" and an opportunity for them to affiliate themselves with viagogo, meaning they get a commission off every ticket resold through that site.