Complete Wasters

Guest Completewasters

I should take the opportunity of adding a few thanks on behalf of CWs,

to our volunteers - especially those who had extra responsibilty thrust upon them whether they wanted it or not and those who worked 8-12 hour days not to get into the festival but just to help us.

DMH front of house staff (special mention again for Ken - we love him almost as much as the regents campers). emma for trying to sell t-shirts for us

DMH back of house - especially those who took the time to give us a metophorical pat on the back, and also those who assisted in moving bins be it by hand or with forks... as a result i expect i'll live about 5 years longer, terry, graham (forks), david (musician stage) to name a few...

brian for being brian, richard for being richard (have you checked the campsite yet?), jeremy for getting what we needed (whether it was begged borrowed or stolen).

Showsec and Oxfam staff also get honourable mentions, as do the curators of Phrased & Confused/Phoenix square who i understand kept their tent very clean and tidy

the huge number of punters who did use the bins for rubbish and recycling

i hope i've covered everything

You guys did a great job all weekend.

I was well impressed when we came out of DMH after the New Beautiful South had finished, and the main festival area was already almost clear of crap.

Youse guys rock!

i work in the environmental industry which kind of gives me a fairly good grasp of the waste industry.i dont think people realise exactly how much complete wasters work helps to keep ticket prices down.landfill costs are currently £110 a tonne including landfill tax. And im guessing festival punters produce an awful lot.the ability to reclaim metal and plastic from the waste hopefully both reduces waste disposal costs and thus helps keep ticket prices considerably lower.